NFR It Takes a Village

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
It does take a village. If there is a list of shortcomings I bet I tick most. Thanks for putting up with me. I get something from each of those groups. I need to send Chris supporter funds.
A bit of treating each other as you would care to be treated would go a long ways. Even if not recipricated.

Old Man

A very Old Man
It does take a village. If there is a list of shortcomings I bet I tick most. Thanks for putting up with me. I get something from each of those groups. I need to send Chris supporter funds.
A bit of treating each other as you would care to be treated would go a long ways. Even if not recipricated.
I've never had a problem come out of you. Your always right the first time. Your very helpful. We've talked back and forth on PM's. I kind of think of you as a younger me. I know I'm not prefect. But who is on this forum. I try to put things out there that are the truth. I just don't like to lie. If you do it comes back to haunt you. Keep up your good work.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
WFF is a village. It's a village bound by our collective passionate interest in fly fishing. In addition to that basic interest we have a collection of categories, or sub-categories we likely fit in. I have a more positive impression of WFF than the OP. I'm a charter member of the Polly Anna category. I find this group of fly fishing reprobates - and I mean reprobates in the most endearing sense - to be generous with their knowledge and willingness to help other members, with all kinds of how-to information and most things just shy of hotspotting. I must miss most of the posts from bloviators and scientist wanna' bees, unless I'm one of them. I appreciate the detailed explanations that informed members provide on subjects covering fish biology, ecology, management, statistics, chemistry, bio-chemistry, engineering, and a lot of others. I appreciate Rob Allen; he's a good guy despite his bull-headedness and occasionally self-contradictory self. I appreciate those who disagree with me so long as they are rational. Some people complain about politically controversial subjects or people. I consider that just part of the big picture, and it shows that we aren't just a bunch of one-dimensional fly fishermen and women. Yeah, sometimes there is a post that I think is bat shit crazy, but aside from that, what's not to like about that?

Salmo g., the bloviator who thinks he's a scientist.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
The Grumpy old dude
Can't forget this one.
Droning on about how everyone is flawed in some manner or another...but has to ask for help naming the flaws of others 'cuz he forgot some of them.
Forgot how to fish.
:rolleyes:

A few more...just off the top of my head here.
:D

Constitutional Scholar
Works minimum wage retail jobs, but knows more about Constitutional law than the people who wrote it...
Just ask him. Finds all fishing locations lacking in some respect, so rarely fishes.

The Influencer
Post count and likes are the thing here.
No substantive content, just 'hey look at my toys'. Desperately Seeking Attention.
Owns a camera and a few lenses, has an Instagram account. Fishes only for likes.

The Long Form Poster
Every damn post is ' War and Peace '.
Trolling with poor bait, no roll at all...but does know how to spell, or use spell check.
Whichever...
Fishes when not trolling the forum.

The Long Time Resident
Mentions length of residency and family history in a given place, as if it somehow lends credibility to the following 4 paragraphs of nonsensical bullshit he posts about fisheries management. Only Fishes 3 times a year, whilst reminiscing about the old days.

The Patriot
'Mercan through and through. Not afraid to tell you either. Has more flags and fireworks than brain cells, and is sure you're not a 'real 'mercan' just by the car you drive, or beer you drink. Didn't make the cut for 'Meal Team Six' or the 'Gravy Seals' and is still butthurt about it. Still has the tactical gear though, and the credit card payment for buying it. Has lots of guns, talks about them whenever he feels threatened. Indians ruined his fishing.

The Conspiracist
Is sure Hydroxychloroquine cures Covid, only the Rothchilds, Bill Gates and George Soros are keeping the cure away from the public, because reasons. Barely got out of High School, gets news from YouTube videos...or worse. Is on an FBI watch list, so don't answer any PM you might get from him.
Fishes with one eye looking over his shoulder.

Gear Head
Can accurately list all rod and reel models made since 1946, with weights of each item and relative 'swing weight' for all possible combinations therein. Has a disc drag capable of stopping a 30# salmon dead in its tracks on the reel of his 7' 3" 3 wt...and it balances perfectly. Hasn't fished since 1998.

The Asshole
Makes sure to offend someone with each and every post, just to keep things moving along. Too much harmony is bad for page views, and therefore ad revenue on websites. Keeps things just edgy enough on threads that page views don't decline when folks migrate to Facebook or Parler, all the while somehow not being banned either. Fishes a lot, just doesn't post about it.

Drunk Poster
Wakes up every single weekend seeing one of his misspelled, English as a Second Language, nonsensical, grammarless rants he made at 2am the previous night quoted by another poster and has no memory of making the post. I think his name is Doug... hates punctuation and grammar with a passion usually reserved for sports teams or gillnetters. Too hungover to fish.

The Local
Labors under the delusion that since his favorite river is a bit less than a 3 hour drive, he should be able to look down his nose at those who make a just over a 3 hour drive to get there as the root cause of river crowding, and degradation of his outdoor experience.
It's a Steelheading thing mostly, but also an affliction suffered by many Montanans.
Fishes only when he sees an out of state license plate at the boat launch.

The Mod
Wielding powers that heretofore were only to be imagined, threads disappear in the blink of an eye and with a click of a mouse, especially if they're about Canada. Mods hate Canada...not sure why...but they do. Fishes to relieve the stress of being all powerful, after all its a heavy burden.

Lol
;)

Old406Kid

The Grumpy old dude
Can't forget this one.
Droning on about how everyone is flawed in some manner or another...but has to ask for help naming the flaws of others 'cuz he forgot some of them.
Forgot how to fish.
:rolleyes:

A few more...just off the top of my head here.
:D

Constitutional Scholar
Works minimum wage retail jobs, but knows more about Constitutional law than the people who wrote it...
Just ask him. Finds all fishing locations lacking in some respect, so rarely fishes.

The Influencer
Post count and likes are the thing here.
No substantive content, just 'hey look at my toys'. Desperately Seeking Attention.
Owns a camera and a few lenses, has an Instagram account. Fishes only for likes.

The Long Form Poster
Every damn post is ' War and Peace '.
Trolling with poor bait, no roll at all...but does know how to spell, or use spell check.
Whichever...
Fishes when not trolling the forum.

The Long Time Resident
Mentions length of residency and family history in a given place, as if it somehow lends credibility to the following 4 paragraphs of nonsensical bullshit he posts about fisheries management. Only Fishes 3 times a year, whilst reminiscing about the old days.

The Patriot
'Mercan through and through. Not afraid to tell you either. Has more flags and fireworks than brain cells, and is sure you're not a 'real 'mercan' just by the car you drive, or beer you drink. Didn't make the cut for 'Meal Team Six' or the 'Gravy Seals' and is still butthurt about it. Still has the tactical gear though, and the credit card payment for buying it. Has lots of guns, talks about them whenever he feels threatened. Indians ruined his fishing.

The Conspiracist
Is sure Hydroxychloroquine cures Covid, only the Rothchilds, Bill Gates and George Soros are keeping the cure away from the public, because reasons. Barely got out of High School, gets news from YouTube videos...or worse. Is on an FBI watch list, so don't answer any PM you might get from him.
Fishes with one eye looking over his shoulder.

Gear Head
Can accurately list all rod and reel models made since 1946, with weights of each item and relative 'swing weight' for all possible combinations therein. Has a disc drag capable of stopping a 30# salmon dead in its tracks on the reel of his 7' 3" 3 wt...and it balances perfectly. Hasn't fished since 1998.

The Asshole
Makes sure to offend someone with each and every post, just to keep things moving along. Too much harmony is bad for page views, and therefore ad revenue on websites. Keeps things just edgy enough on threads that page views don't decline when folks migrate to Facebook or Parler, all the while somehow not being banned either. Fishes a lot, just doesn't post about it.

Drunk Poster
Wakes up every single weekend seeing one of his misspelled, English as a Second Language, nonsensical, grammarless rants he made at 2am the previous night quoted by another poster and has no memory of making the post. I think his name is Doug... hates punctuation and grammar with a passion usually reserved for sports teams or gillnetters. Too hungover to fish.

The Local
Labors under the delusion that since his favorite river is a bit less than a 3 hour drive, he should be able to look down his nose at those who make a just over a 3 hour drive to get there as the root cause of river crowding, and degradation of his outdoor experience.
It's a Steelheading thing mostly, but also an affliction suffered by many Montanans.
Fishes only when he sees an out of state license plate at the boat launch.

The Mod
Wielding powers that heretofore were only to be imagined, threads disappear in the blink of an eye and with a click of a mouse, especially if they're about Canada. Mods hate Canada...not sure why...but they do. Fishes to relieve the stress of being all powerful, after all its a heavy burden.

Lol
;)
You forgot to mention the slammer.

As Canuck says, "Cheers"

Zak

WFF Supporter
WFF Supporter
When I moved west and joined this forum in 2019, folks here were so helpful and nice! They still are. I love this forum. Like MGTom, I am going to re-up my supporter donation.

I'll add a category, the wise old one. When they post something, it pays to listen!

There's probably several categories of fly tiers. Man, some of the talent on display here is incredible. Lots of great ideas for the vise nearly every day!

Porter

Oh I am anything, everything, and nothing at all in the same moment. I would like to admit I'm a multi-tasker, but i'm not a woman....therefor impossible. I'd like to have feelings but some times common sense has no feelings. The only thing I can influence is myself, Im not smart enough to come up with a anti-science conspiracy theory, or any other ...although I do think the answer is out there some where? ...I do qualify as a gear head, probably not a good thing, but better than drugs, Asshole and locale I can identify with, its me and they go both hand in hand. Neve touch Mod... you'll end up in soap lake with a bunch of beauty babes if you can get past the michelin protector suit.... :D:p

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts