NFR It Takes a Village

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Who would waste a good drinking session posting on the internet.... ?
Lol
I never did see that as a thing to do, tip a few back and start posting...?
JFC

Don't folks know how to drink, shoot the shit, and listen to some music and kick back while having a few drinks anymore ?

I guess I am old....
:)

landlocked

Who would waste a good drinking session posting on the internet.... ?
Lol
I never did see that as a thing to do, tip a few back and start posting...?
JFC

Don't folks know how to drink, shoot the shit, and listen to some music and kick back while having a few drinks anymore ?

I guess I am old....
:)
If you live in Utah and the 4 contiguous properties are all non-drinking and fairly judgmental, you may resort to occasionally drinking, listening to tunes in your basement fly tying den, and posting on WFF just so your children aren’t skewered at school.

Me, I’m a 50-50 guy. Believe some adversity builds character to an extent.

Buzzy

It doesn't take long for a thread to drift one way or the other. It's funny that almost every thread on this site is that way. It must be hard for everybody to just stay in the subject matter.
IMG_1442.jpeg
Jim - more thread drift. Speaking of "drift"............just yesterday.

Last edited:

the_grube

Ya I'm just gonna pipe in on the whole left lane thing... I must be a real outlier on this, but I try to lock my cruise control at or at least very near the speed limit, and maximize the distance between myself and other cars (one of the single best good things you can do to avoid collisions)

It's damn near impossible to drive the limit. I drive I-5 from Roseburg to Eugene more frequently than I care. Most of the trek has 2 lanes that are clearly marked 'Too Damn Slow' and 'Too Damn Fast' right to left respectively. Folks in the left will run up your a$$ with no regard to your safety, and folks on the right will ride their damn brakes down a hill to stay 5-10 under the limit.

pots and kettles calling each other black..., a pox on both their houses

dustinchromers

Ya I'm just gonna pipe in on the whole left lane thing... I must be a real outlier on this, but I try to lock my cruise control at or at least very near the speed limit, and maximize the distance between myself and other cars (one of the single best good things you can do to avoid collisions)

It's damn near impossible to drive the limit. I drive I-5 from Roseburg to Eugene more frequently than I care. Most of the trek has 2 lanes that are clearly marked 'Too Damn Slow' and 'Too Damn Fast' right to left respectively. Folks in the left will run up your a$$ with no regard to your safety, and folks on the right will ride their damn brakes down a hill to stay 5-10 under the limit.

pots and kettles calling each other black..., a pox on both their houses

You and I drive alike. I agree with everything you've said here. I'll go out of my way and sometimes the speed limit for short distances to create space around me and other drivers. I hate being in a blind spot or a pack any longer than I have to. Riding a motorcycle has me instinctively driving this way out of habit no matter if I'm in a car or on two wheels. Defensible space is good and creating that in front of you is good and what you have control over. You can't control the dude riding you from behind that well so I stay right to let em through. If I'm already right well that guy is likely pissed and inpatient from some guy blocking the left and inadvertently I'm the victim of both their inattention so I stay real aware and know if the shoulder is clear should I have to slam on the brakes with a guy on my tail pipe.

dflett68

WFF Supporter
people are talking about cruise control... it's been years since i found it practical in western washington. unless it is very early or late, there's too many humans on the road for that. if you're in the right or middle lanes, you'll be pumping your brakes and resetting every ten seconds. if you're in the left lane, you'll be disrupting flow - unless you set it well over the speed limit - but again you'll soon be pumping your brakes and resetting for the silly folks camped in that lane who should be to the right.

Old Man

A very Old Man
Freeways are nice and every time I come to Washington I try to stay the fuck off of them. I can get better time on the back roads.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts