Need to get a few off my chest…

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragless

I got two issues that I really need to get off my chest, and I’m not gonna be gentle,and I am sure they are gonna piss off a lot of you; however, it needs to be said,so be it:
1. How about those of us still fly fishing for the last 5 steelhead left on the pacific coast… just cast( double haul and swing, or float a nymph…if you must) I’m so tired of everybody ripping the water with the Spey
/Skagit crap.That nonsense was cooked up by the Brits who only had 3lb wood rods and stood on the banks in plus 4s with a ghillie,and did not know how to double haul.Learn how to really cast, and stop ripping up the water.If you get to a place on the river where it’s hard to cast….guess what, roll cast, or steeple or don’t cast…ya, just leave that spot be! Maybe the fish gods are providing a spot for the 5 steelhead to have a ”break“ from all the ”intruders”…maybe, every inch of water doesn’t need to be ripped through?. Who gives a shit if every inch of every river is not intruded and a couple steelhead don’t see your fly.At least I don’t have to listen to your rips….every where on the river.I’m sure the steel are tired of the water ripping too.

2. When you go trout fishing, you don’t have to try and catch every trout in the river behind every rock, in every riffle, and every seam with your Euro outfit.No one gives a shit how many you catch, nor should you.
It is ok to sit on a bank, wait for a hatch, or not, it’s ok to plug away with dries, even if you ain’t catching a shit load of trout.It’s ok to nymph too, but when the hell did it become necessary( and why) to go on a recon- search and destroy mission to bonk every trout in a river on the head with a lead jig?
If you need to catch a shit load of fish, go pound a lake for crappie or bass, or carp, or whatever….I heard they like jigs. If you want to fly fish for the sport, then do it…you wanna go jig, go jig Where the jigging is good.Just cause rod companies want to sell a new a rod to you, don’t make it right..this applies to point #1 too , And includes all, the fly line companies as well.

3. While I’m here….all you snowboarders that don’t really know how to carve, stay off the nice powder! You just smear it all for us that actually want to ski it….got to the park and do tricks.
Ditto for all you that ski on 150’s or shorter….your moguls suck! Go to the green! I’m tired of coming down on real skis, with real turns,and having to work my ass off getting through your micro moguls and garbage smearage.If you can’t CARVE a turn, stay on the green groomers, or go show off at the park.

I not joking.I feel better now.

flybill

A collector never stops collecting!
WFF Supporter
Pure comedy! I don't fish the OP much anymore.. not in the past 5 years. I'll pop the popcorn and get ready for the fun! Nah, gotta go get a cigar and maybe hit the driving range..

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
3. While I’m here….all you snowboarders that don’t really know how to carve, stay off the nice powder! You just smear it all for us that actually want to ski it….got to the park and do tricks.
Ditto for all you that ski on 150’s or shorter….your moguls suck! Go to the green! I’m tired of coming down on real skis, with real turns,and having to work my ass off getting through your micro moguls and garbage smearage.If you can’t CARVE a turn, stay on the green groomers, or go show off at the park.

Baggy Pantsers - the bain of true skiers everywhere :D.

cheers

Big Tuna

I got two issues that I really need to get off my chest, and I’m not gonna be gentle,and I am sure they are gonna piss off a lot of you; however, it needs to be said,so be it:
1. How about those of us still fly fishing for the last 5 steelhead left on the pacific coast… just cast( double haul and swing, or float a nymph…if you must) I’m so tired of everybody ripping the water with the Spey
/Skagit crap.That nonsense was cooked up by the Brits who only had 3lb wood rods and stood on the banks in plus 4s with a ghillie,and did not know how to double haul.Learn how to really cast, and stop ripping up the water.If you get to a place on the river where it’s hard to cast….guess what, roll cast, or steeple or don’t cast…ya, just leave that spot be! Maybe the fish gods are providing a spot for the 5 steelhead to have a ”break“ from all the ”intruders”…maybe, every inch of water doesn’t need to be ripped through?. Who gives a shit if every inch of every river is not intruded and a couple steelhead don’t see your fly.At least I don’t have to listen to your rips….every where on the river.I’m sure the steel are tired of the water ripping too.

2. When you go trout fishing, you don’t have to try and catch every trout in the river behind every rock, in every riffle, and every seam with your Euro outfit.No one gives a shit how many you catch, nor should you.
It is ok to sit on a bank, wait for a hatch, or not, it’s ok to plug away with dries, even if you ain’t catching a shit load of trout.It’s ok to nymph too, but when the hell did it become necessary( and why) to go on a recon- search and destroy mission to bonk every trout in a river on the head with a lead jig?
If you need to catch a shit load of fish, go pound a lake for crappie or bass, or carp, or whatever….I heard they like jigs. If you want to fly fish for the sport, then do it…you wanna go jig, go jig Where the jigging is good.Just cause rod companies want to sell a new a rod to you, don’t make it right..this applies to point #1 too , And includes all, the fly line companies as well.

You said, "two issues;" I count three. Nice rant, but you obviously know little about casting two hand rods. Touch and go's make less disturbance on the water than bobber lobbers. I'm with you on the Euro rods.

vader

I don't ski because of the chair lifts. Have you looked up to see all that is holding the chairs up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts