Need to get a few off my chest…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Boyle

Try the Labrador….it’s amazing!
Haha! Reminds me of another classic joke from a U.K. comedy where 2 brothers are trying to chat up some girls saying the younger bro is a pro tennis player

Girl “What do you prefer, grass or Astro turf?”

Rodney “I dunno, never smoked AstroTurf…:D

spreading the thread Dave

surfnfish

speaking of speeding..was in Switzerland on a build project, a VP landed in Geneva, rented a brand new BMW M5, and drove the 200 km to the project pedal to the metal so he wouldn't be late for our meeting..

VP after the construction meeting...'yea, I was friggin flying in that M5...btw, what were those periodic flashs on the side of the road while I was driving'

our in country manager - 'that would be the automatic speeding system taking the picture of the license plate on your rental as you flew by..they'll give you the bill at the rental counter when you return the car'

bill at check out? Almost $3000 US

speedbird49

speaking of speeding..was in Switzerland on a build project, a VP landed in Geneva, rented a brand new BMW M5, and drove the 200 km to the project pedal to the metal so he wouldn't be late for our meeting..

VP after the construction meeting...'yea, I was friggin flying in that M5...btw, what were those periodic flashs on the side of the road while I was driving'

our in country manager - 'that would be the automatic speeding system taking the picture of the license plate on your rental as you flew by..they'll give you the bill at the rental counter when you return the car'

bill at check out? Almost $3000 US
AKA an overpriced track day

Rob Allen

Do the jets out of NAS Whidbey Island need to fly so friggin LOW up my favorite river valleys? I've nearly soiled myself several times now. :eek:
One moment I'm serenely and quietly focused on drifting a little fly through a babbling riffle and the next it sounds like a space-time portal is being ripped open in the sky 50 feet above me and my adrenaline is through roof.
Better than having them fly into a mountain somewhere because they weren't prepared with the best training.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Simple fact doing what is right is what we need to be doing and our feelings about it are irrelevant. Not saying this to tell people what to do. Only that there are consequences for not doing it and we are starting to see that now in the things you described.
You mean like being vaccinated to slow the spread of a deadly disease? I'm hoping that's what you mean, but I suspect not, you have made your "feelings" about the COVID-19 vaccine quite clear.

cheers

Rob Allen

You mean like being vaccinated to slow the spread of a deadly disease? I'm hoping that's what you mean, but I suspect not, you have made your "feelings" about the COVID-19 vaccine quite clear.

cheers
Nope... getting vaccinated or not is of absolutely no moral value. Getting vaccinated is not better than being unvaccinated..

speedbird49

Do the jets out of NAS Whidbey Island need to fly so friggin LOW up my favorite river valleys? I've nearly soiled myself several times now. :eek:
One moment I'm serenely and quietly focused on drifting a little fly through a babbling riffle and the next it sounds like a space-time portal is being ripped open in the sky 50 feet above me and my adrenaline is through roof.
If I find those valley's I am not sure I will even be able to fish because I will be too busy staring at the planes

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Nope... getting vaccinated or not is of absolutely no moral value. Getting vaccinated is not better than being unvaccinated..
And YOU decided this on what basis? How is it you determine what is right and what is moral? Is spreading a deadly disease a moral thing to do?

Why does every thread on this website turn into COVID
Because it is the most important issue we face today, and I won't sit silently by as thousands die for no good reason. Rob brought up just doing what is right, well, getting vaccinated to help slow the spread of a deadly disease would seem to me to be the "right" thing to do, I have yet to hear a scientifically and morally based counter argument.

cheers

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
Why does every thread on this website turn into COVID
Delta variant, highly transmissible,even through a website.
:)

Fact is we are all going to get it before they have a vaccine.
Fact huh....as in 'alternative facts ' I am guessing ?

Lol
That's not what the folks getting intubated are saying, they're begging for vaccines only it's too late for them.
I'm beginning to view you as a sociopath, with no real firm grasp on reality.

Pueblo FBI is watching you Rob....
:)

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
If I find those valley's I am not sure I will even be able to fish because I will be too busy staring at the planes
Been up that river valley myself. That's the sound of FREEDOM! Love a good airshow. USA! USA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts