Need to get a few off my chest…

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwg

On morality...

"Morality refers to the set of standards that enable people to live cooperatively in groups. It’s what societies determine to be “right” and “acceptable.”

"Sometimes, acting in a moral manner means individuals must sacrifice their own short-term interests to benefit society. Individuals who go against these standards may be considered immoral.

Rob Allen

On morality...

"Morality refers to the set of standards that enable people to live cooperatively in groups. It’s what societies determine to be “right” and “acceptable.”

"Sometimes, acting in a moral manner means individuals must sacrifice their own short-term interests to benefit society. Individuals who go against these standards may be considered immoral.

And the biggest thing that keeps us from living together cooperatively? Intolerance of different opinions..

I.am not opposed to the vaccine.. I am opposed to being mandated or bullied into getting it... why? Because that's just the beginning.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

The acceptance of ignorance as being on an equal footing with knowledge has emerged as Robs main talking point here. Fail to accept ignorance and he brands you as intolerant.

Jesus Weeps

flybill

A collector never stops collecting!
WFF Supporter
So what.. the unvaccinated are killing themselves what business is that of yours?

If you're going to talk about the burden on society. Then let's talk about your obesity, your heart disease, your lung disease. They are a burden too..

Ohh and wait. It's people with those conditions already who are the vast majority of covid illnesses and deaths. Maybe just maybe death from covid is just a symptom of an unhealthy population..
No Rob, the unvaccinated are risking killing essential workers, friends and compromised people by allowing Covid19 to continue to spread. Yes, they have a higher risk of dying from the Delta variant or whatever comes next..

The whole anti-vax mentality, not just Covid19, keeps these viruses around or allows them to come back.

At some point we may have to shut things down again, or have to show you vaccination record to go out to a restaurant or where ever. We have enough vaccine to get rid of it in the US, it's free whether you have insurance or not, but still many won't get it. Sad, but true...

Albula

swollen member
Rob you are truly a piece of work. Several years ago I made the mistake of saying that I completely agreed with you. Your immediate response was that I obviously did not understand what you were saying. Get a grip and start selling pillows. You can be your own boss.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Rob is not trolling, that would take critical thinking!
No he is not trolling, he is deadly serious, that's the problem, and that is why I push back, and frankly, if Swimmy or anyone else has had enough of me, just put me on ignore, I can take it, I've had far worse things happen to me.

And the biggest thing that keeps us from living together cooperatively? Intolerance of different opinions..

I.am not opposed to the vaccine.. I am opposed to being mandated or bullied into getting it... why? Because that's just the beginning.
Well, you sure come off antivax. I am not trying to bully you into getting vaccinated, I am trying to get you to understand the reason for vaccination against the rather poor arguments you put forth. Mostly, I wish you would read, and even more importantly, discuss this with a trusted professional healthcare provider (your family physician?). I wish you and your family well and good health.

cheers

Fast Action Freddie

Having a drink in The Buff
He had a point. I got sick and tired of crawling from room to room on my belly to avoid the Government Agents that had a line on every window in my house (from outside, hidden at a safe distance because they are Cowards! ) ready to blast 5G right through my thin windows if I were to show any part of myself above the window sill. Bullies! Psychological Terrorists! Evil! Then I caught a whiff of it ... coming out of the heat duct (even though I’ve had my heat completely OFF since The Heat Dome). What is this???? Symptomatic Nerve Gas???? Really Boys?? What the fuck is this? 1987 all over again??

They can’t bully me into a vaccine. Because I’ve got morals. F-ing G-Men. It’s all just a plot - a ruse - to control us. Because that’s what they do.

Rob Allen

No Rob, the unvaccinated are risking killing essential workers, friends and compromised people by allowing Covid19 to continue to spread. Yes, they have a higher risk of dying from the Delta variant or whatever comes next..

The whole anti-vax mentality, not just Covid19, keeps these viruses around or allows them to come back.

At some point we may have to shut things down again, or have to show you vaccination record to go out to a restaurant or where ever. We have enough vaccine to get rid of it in the US, it's free whether you have insurance or not, but still many won't get it. Sad, but true...
No.. that is the infected..

We didn't have to shut things down to begin with. That was a political ploy.

Anti vaxers of which I am not one are vastly better for this country than the people who want to take away their freedom to be anti vaxers. History proves that the biggest killers have been those who are politically intolerant.

Have a good night everyone.. this thread is done. Go fishing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts