Need to get a few off my chest…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
oh, they're fun as shit...both the slimy bastards & smallies. Hell, I'm traveling all of 20 minutes from my doorstep waaaay out in Beaverton to fish for smallies first thing tomorrow morning.

surfnfish

WTH, gonna add to the list...

-new to the sport surfers clogging the parking lots and lineups with their Costco surfboards.."did my board hit you? I'm so sorry..:

-realtors, taking 6% of a homeowners hard earned equity for selling the house to a buyer who knew every friggin detail of the home from over the internet before they called up the broker to show it to them

-car salesman..see above

-that dick in the boat behind who once recognizing you're staying within the posted 10 mph limit, pegs his boat to roar past and beat you to the dock

-diesel pickup owners who leave their engines running while their inside the store

-non-stop barking dogs, should be a bounty on them

-and last, but not least..gravity! That shit alone makes aging harder

Old406Kid

I'm going to agree with #3, and I don't even really ski anymore.
Also agree, at 72 years old I now have somebody to blame for my ineptitude. :D
Well I ain’t a boomer( not that there is anything wrong with that).
But since that rant felt good, there is just one more little thing.
4. When I go drive my car on the highway ( two lanes) can you people puttering around in the left lane move the hell over to the right when I come up behind you… like u are supposed to. U will know it’s me when I down shift and drop a gear and flash you my lights. Very few people in NA know how to drive…. And all you young smart asses, let me know if u need stick lessons.
Now I am done.
Haha, you forgot to mention people that wander aimlessly in the aisles of grocery stores.
I'm pretty sure that I must be invisible. :D

Ian Horning

Powerbait Entomologist
Added to non-offensive shopping list:
-Bead egg nymphs. Pro cure smelly jelly.
-Lawn chair and tent for awaiting dry fly hatch.
-A toboggan.

Rob Allen

I can certainly sympathize with those kinds of things and though I wouldn't call you wrong. It is wrong to think that everyone should conform to our way of thinking. It drives me nuts to go to the Madison in early July with salmon flies caddis and PMDs everywhere and everyone you see has big old bobber on but it's none of my business.
In all things and in all ways we must stop telling eachother how to live.

Rob Allen

I don’t fish steelhead
I don’t euro nymph and I don’t trout spey
I don’t snowboard.

Is there anything else that annoys you? I am kind of feeling left out

Stop raking in each and every salmon and cutthroat before they even make it back to their home rivers..:D

Rob Allen

Well I ain’t a boomer( not that there is anything wrong with that).
But since that rant felt good, there is just one more little thing.
4. When I go drive my car on the highway ( two lanes) can you people puttering around in the left lane move the hell over to the right when I come up behind you… like u are supposed to. U will know it’s me when I down shift and drop a gear and flash you my lights. Very few people in NA know how to drive…. And all you young smart asses, let me know if u need stick lessons.
Now I am done.
Don’t speed.

Rob Allen

I have zero mercy for left lane campers. You're supposed to be in the right lane unless passing. You don't know if someone is having a medical emergency or a reason to travel quickly. I transported someone in the throes of anaphylaxis to the hospital only to be lane policed by some self righteous asshole blocking the left. She lived but every moment counted and if not for deploying an epi pin twice and driving quickly would have died. Doctor said another minute or two would likely been fatal. I would love to get ahold of the beach tourist guy who thought it was cute to slow someone by blocking the left lane on purpose for fun and his own affirmation. He's literally lucky I didn't ram him into the ditch as I was witnessing someone die in the passenger's seat. Point is you have no idea what is happening in a vehicle that needs by. Yeah it might be an in a hurry idiot who just wants to speed. Either way it isn't your job to police that and so what? It's his ticket. People who lane camp cause accidents and should be ticketed as they are a true hazard. Stay in the right and drive basically the speed limit unless passing or dealing with an emergency situation. If someone needs through I let them without question. I don't care if they get ahead of me. It effects me zero. It literally costs nothing to not be a self righteous or asleep at the wheel asshole blocking traffic.

This is a two sided coin..

Yes keep right except to pass but you don't need to speed or rise someone's ass.
I am sorry but I drive as much as anyone and people going under the speed limit in the left lane is rare.

The biggest thing we all need to do is to give our rage justified or not a big long vacation in the garbage can.

flybill

A collector never stops collecting!
WFF Supporter
Let me guess…. People who recline their seats on airplanes are jerks too!?
…..then don’t give me the option :)

bhudda- the “excuse me, I’m reclining kinda guy”
First class is the way to go!! Or Jet Blue!! Or a Blue Origins penis shaped rocket!! Just sayin'!!

My real pet peeve is @Old Man bitching about a long thread that he read the whole thing.. and calling my amazing cigars dog turds!! Dog turds are so difficult to light and keep lit!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info