Need a couple of tip sections for bamboo fly rod

Bonsai

Jerry
I once had a couple of sites in my favorite list that sold tip sections for bamboo flu rods. Some how the sites were lost. I think they were probably Asian made blanks. Can anyone tell me of a site that sells these inexpensive tip sections?

para_adams

Jerry, what length and ferrule size are you seeking? I have a leftover tip section to match a Granger 7633 which I’d be happy to pass along for cheap. Made by D Stone a few years ago, never used it due to poorly matched wraps.

Bonsai

Jerry
Jerry, what length and ferrule size are you seeking? I have a leftover tip section to match a Granger 7633 which I’d be happy to pass along for cheap. Made by D Stone a few years ago, never used it due to poorly matched wraps.
I will check the exact length and ferrule size and let you know. I think it is around 48 inches.

Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor/dbfly
Call Brian at Ye Olde English Fly Shop he was selling just tips.
And: Huge VINTAGE 22 pc LOT~BAMBOO FLY Rods~SPINNERS MIX~Match~EXTRA PIECES I'll bet there is a tip out of this on the Ebay. Again buy a cheap Chinese blank with extra tip now you have a bamboo rod and tip

Bonsai

Jerry
Don't want to mention any names here, but do to the generosity of another bamboo fly rod enthusiast I have acquired two rod sections to complete my fly rod. In the 12 or 15 years that I have been fly fishing I have been impressed with the generosity and willingness to share with each other. I have been given rods, flies, even a pram along with all kinds of parts and pieces to help me along the way. Not everyone can or will share with the rest but it sure helps make the sport something very special. Thanks to all that have the ability to be mentors to the rest. And don't forget the the young people, they will be the next generation of fly fishermen.

Bonsai

Jerry
I have striped the old finish off the rod section and have put 2 or 3 coats of varnish on them. They were both lighter in color to the butt section I had. I was able to put some wood stain on them and they are both a close match.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts