SUV interior rod mounts…?

Dillon

This was in my Chevy Tahoe. Pm me if interested? I am no longer using it because I sold the Tahoe. It’s looking for a good home. Rods not included

Attachments

• 7F267926-6639-46BF-A55C-C29C68D4C0C7.jpeg
    7F267926-6639-46BF-A55C-C29C68D4C0C7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

PhilR

WFF Supporter
Bungee between the passenger handholds. Slide the rods in from the hatchback, and support the reel end with a small bungee hooked to the child seat clip in the ceiling at the back. Cheap and effective.

tyler

I'm a big fan of Yeti's Beach Fisherman Gear Caddy. I picked up the deluxe model that comes with tubular padding to protect your rods when you're bouncing down to that secret beach on an epic fly bro adventure. Comes in several colors. I went with PNW gray. A whole suite of add-on accessories are also available.

IMG_3337.jpg

Vandelay Industries

A wholly owned subsidiary of Kramerica Industries
I'm a big fan of Yeti's Beach Fisherman Gear Caddy. I picked up the deluxe model that comes with tubular padding to protect your rods when you're bouncing down to that secret beach on an epic fly bro adventure. Comes in several colors. I went with PNW gray. A whole suite of add-on accessories are also available.

View attachment 290260
Is the join CCA sticker included in the deluxe package or the platinum package?

Old Man

A very Old Man
I drive a Pickup with a can-o-pee on the back. Both the truck and the can-o-pee have sliding windows in them. I just leave my rods together and stick them through the sliding windows. They are the first things I stick in the truck when I'm done fishing. I put a piece of cut hose on the window ledge for the rods to ride on. So I'm fully rigged when I get to where I want to go.

dustinchromers

Looking for interior rod holders for my SUV. Recommendations…?

NRS strap between the oh crap handles in the back two rows or equivalent. Reels back. Otherwise some head liner material is actual velcro sticky. You can go strap in the back and velcro for the tips. That's as cheap and easy as I've found.

dustinchromers

View attachment 290260

I have the bucket. Top notch for sure.

Spg

I used to have a solid cabelas rod holder bolted to the floor of my old Landover, my parents used something similar to the straps that a couple of people posted. Both worked great for actual off road to the spot driving.

Currently I just put the reel end into a wading boot in the back of the Outback and let the 9' rod bend into the headlining up to the passengers side. Seems pretty stable for road driving.

Flyfishnick

I use a gun rack on the back of the front seats and hold 4 rods easily and they don't bother the passengers knees either.....
similar to this: 71Ddiyghq6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Creatch'r

Hesitant Member
Call me paranoid, but I like my car or truck to not be configured in a way that says “I’m a fly fishermen.” I’d rather people not wonder what kinds of fancy trinkets might be lurking and what they might fetch at a pawn shop and when I’m parked somewhere low key, I don’t want another fishermen to wonder if it might be a good spot and fancy a look at where I am. For that reason, I always rocked bungees between the oh shit handles that I could easily take down and keep everything totally hidden or at least obfuscated by things that might convey that I too, am sketchy, broke or possibly homeless. It’s worked well up to this point. Never had a rod go haywire in the bungees, even got in a fender bender once like that and no damage. K.I.S.S. are wise words.

Tim Ihle

I admire keeping it simple and think I have the design. Essentially it would be across the back - a 5/8” wooden dowel wrapped 9 times with Bungy. Between the second row passenger head rests- a bungy with snug fitting neoprene doughnuts. Engineered for 6 single hand rods.

Woodman60

My cheap and effective solution. A cam strap with pool noodle section to hold the rod handle. Cam strap lets me loosen to put the rods in and then snug them up close to the headliner. 333.jpg 222.jpg 111.jpg 111.jpg Bungee up front to hold the forward half of the rod. Holds a 10 footer with ease.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts