NFR A sincere apology

hookedonthefly

Thanks Ed, hopefully I will post a report with a nauseating number of fish pictures. Just trying to figure out which direction I can go where I won't be in a fire.

cheers
Dang...I would love to buy you a beer and have a chat. Guiding rules...no conversation about politics, religion or other potential negative stuff. Again, Have An Excellent Time Outdoors! Ed

GAT

Dumbfounded
I apologize for not knowing why the hell you are apologizing ! :eek:

No matter, you,ve been a virtual friend since the good ol' days at WF … and if anyone could be offended or be offensive, it was over there. This place is downright placid in comparison.

Go ahead on... glad you're here.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
I apologize for not knowing why the hell you are apologizing ! :eek:

No matter, you,ve been a virtual friend since the good ol' days at WF … and if anyone could be offended or be offensive, it was over there. This place is downright placid in comparison.

Go ahead on... glad you're here.
Hey Gene, thanks, Glad to be here. Yeah, that got pretty crazy at times with Hacksaw, the Capt'n (Skip), and all.

cheers

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
I don't think he is apologizing for being wrong (because he isn't and shouldn't). He's apologizing for breaking the no politics rule and being abrasive.

I too am guilty of breaking that rule and being abrasive. I won't apologize for supporting science and common sense though.

Last edited:

Joepa

Joe from PA
I would like to sincerely apologize if I have come across as belligerent or condescending and in getting too wrapped up in the politics. I am sorry if I have made this a less enjoyable place in any way; it has not been my intent, but perhaps has been the result. I am a passionate Canadian of Irish descent (is this a private fight, or can anyone join in) and I sometimes let my passions get the better of me. I will reign it in.

Good for you. I've had my share of condescending posts. Years ago I stupidly chastised a new member for his choice of user name which ultimately proved to be very ironic. The ability to apologize and evolve is sorely missing in our society and one of the reasons I make it a point to annually listen to David Foster Wallace's 'This is Water' speech.

If you're out there Mozart - sorry for being a bully.

Zak

WFF Supporter
WFF Supporter
Good for you. I've had my share of condescending posts. Years ago I stupidly chastised a new member for his choice of user name which ultimately proved to be very ironic. The ability to apologize and evolve is sorely missing in our society and one of the reasons I make it a point to annually listen to David Foster Wallace's 'This is Water' speech.

If you're out there Mozart - sorry for being a bully.
I forget about that speech and just read it again: https://fs.blog/2012/04/david-foster-wallace-this-is-water/

Good stuff!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts