Rod Building New trout spey rod

Micktom

I recently picked 11' 2/3wt. (four piece) carbon fiber trout spey rod kit from a website I found stumbling around the net one evening as a kit with blank, handle, reel seat, guides and sock. Wasn’t really expecting much and didn’t want to go into the fast current so to speak with a expensive blank as I’m not sure if this is what I want. I already have a Meiser 10’6” 3/4 switch rod but what the heck, needed something to do during the hot dog days of summer. Instead of standing out in the triple digit temps I chose to sit inside a wrap up another rod. Well I have to admit after trying this rod out with a 175gr OPST integrated line and a mono tip it cast so smooth and with very little effort, I really like casting it even with size 16 dries, it feels surprisingly easy to use. The quality of the components are very good and for the price of 165 for the kit I’d highly recommend it. I don’t know if they are a sponsor so if you’d like more info send me a pm if this is allowed or if not mods can delete this post if they wish to. I liked it so much I felt I had to tell others.

Attachments

• AF4D0A93-98B5-4DC0-8D7C-EB6F2C269667.jpeg
    AF4D0A93-98B5-4DC0-8D7C-EB6F2C269667.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 54

Jim Allen

"Fish-On" Custom Fly Rods
Excellent find and sounds like a great value. Got to love it when a plan comes together and the results exceed your expiations. Enjoy!! I prefer my trout spay over my switch as well.

jwg

I recently picked 11' 2/3wt. (four piece) carbon fiber trout spey rod kit from a website I found stumbling around the net one evening as a kit with blank, handle, reel seat, guides and sock. Wasn’t really expecting much and didn’t want to go into the fast current so to speak with a expensive blank as I’m not sure if this is what I want. I already have a Meiser 10’6” 3/4 switch rod but what the heck, needed something to do during the hot dog days of summer. Instead of standing out in the triple digit temps I chose to sit inside a wrap up another rod. Well I have to admit after trying this rod out with a 175gr OPST integrated line and a mono tip it cast so smooth and with very little effort, I really like casting it even with size 16 dries, it feels surprisingly easy to use. The quality of the components are very good and for the price of 165 for the kit I’d highly recommend it. I don’t know if they are a sponsor so if you’d like more info send me a pm if this is allowed or if not mods can delete this post if they wish to. I liked it so much I felt I had to tell others.
Nice looking basic build.
Please PM, I would be curious about trout spey kit.
Jay

Westelyea

I just built that rod! Great rod, and I too was surprised by the quality. I put a 200grain OPST head on it for the kids. It seemed to help them load the rod more easily.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts