WFF User jeffery163 is a scammer

Chris Scoones

North Bend, WA
WFF Admin
WFF Supporter
Full on scammer. No real recourse here. Let me describe their approach and the mistakes you need to avoid to protect yourself. First, here are examples of first contact via offline conversations initiated towards those looking for specific gear...
  • Hello buddy, if you still in market for the TFO Deer Creek 12’6” 5/6 spey rod; Kindly reach out to my step father, he has one he is looking to sell. You can contact him at [email protected]
  • Hello buddy, if you still in market for the Abel Vaya 7/8 reel; Kindly reach out to my step father, he has one he is looking to sell. You can contact him at [email protected]
  • Hello buddy, if you still in market for the Simms slick Jacket; Kindly reach out to my step father, he has one he is looking to sell. You can contact him at [email protected]
  • Hello buddy, if you still in market for the Sage X 8140-4; Kindly reach out to my step father, he has one he is looking to sell. You can contact him at [email protected]
  • Hello buddy, if you still in market for the Orvis Helios 2 690 with Fighting Butt; Kindly reach out to my step father, he has one he is looking to sell. You can contact him at [email protected]
  • If you still looking to purchase the Float tube, i have one I'm looking to sell. Kindly let me know your interest in it or text me (930) 200-1702 for photos if that makes it easier
  • If you still looking to purchase the Ross Colorado LT, i have Ross Colorado LT 3/4 Platinum I'm looking to sell. Kindly let me know your interest in it or text me (575) 213-3786 for photos if that makes it easier
They will try and get you to handle the transaction elsewhere, via email, short on contact info, etc. Or, using text but if they are shy on contact info and not stating the number as a mobile, you might call them before just texting because you shouldn't assume text is to a valid cell phone user. In this case both numbers above are not mobile numbers owned by an individual but are "text mail" subscriptions that are disposable with a degree of separation.

There were payment "issues" beyond normal. Paypal wasn't used for one reason or another, so now the good buyer is out 200.

I'll update this post with additional details as I get them but heads up, protect yourselves and others on the site. Use common sense, trust your bullshit filter and let me know if something smells off.

Regards,
Chris

Richard E

Full on scammer. No real recourse here. Let me describe their approach and the mistakes you need to avoid to protect yourself. First, here are examples of first contact via offline conversations initiated towards those looking for specific gear...
  • Hello buddy, if you still in market for the TFO Deer Creek 12’6” 5/6 spey rod; Kindly reach out to my step father, he has one he is looking to sell. You can contact him at [email protected]
  • Hello buddy, if you still in market for the Abel Vaya 7/8 reel; Kindly reach out to my step father, he has one he is looking to sell. You can contact him at [email protected]
  • Hello buddy, if you still in market for the Simms slick Jacket; Kindly reach out to my step father, he has one he is looking to sell. You can contact him at [email protected]
  • Hello buddy, if you still in market for the Sage X 8140-4; Kindly reach out to my step father, he has one he is looking to sell. You can contact him at [email protected]
  • Hello buddy, if you still in market for the Orvis Helios 2 690 with Fighting Butt; Kindly reach out to my step father, he has one he is looking to sell. You can contact him at [email protected]
  • If you still looking to purchase the Float tube, i have one I'm looking to sell. Kindly let me know your interest in it or text me (930) 200-1702 for photos if that makes it easier
  • If you still looking to purchase the Ross Colorado LT, i have Ross Colorado LT 3/4 Platinum I'm looking to sell. Kindly let me know your interest in it or text me (575) 213-3786 for photos if that makes it easier
They will try and get you to handle the transaction elsewhere, via email, short on contact info, etc. Or, using text but if they are shy on contact info and not stating the number as a mobile, you might call them before just texting because you shouldn't assume text is to a valid cell phone user. In this case both numbers above are not mobile numbers owned by an individual but are "text mail" subscriptions that are disposable with a degree of separation.

There were payment "issues" beyond normal. Paypal wasn't used for one reason or another, so now the good buyer is out 200.

I'll update this post with additional details as I get them but heads up, protect yourselves and others on the site. Use common sense, trust your bullshit filter and let me know if something smells off.

Regards,
Chris

Scoones, you da man.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts