Ocean Shores

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
This story sounds supper, I had thought it was him. Met him once, at a clinic with George Cook, arrogant doesn't come close to describing him!

landlocked

Hemingway might have enjoyed the company of John Huelsdonk had he fished the OP.
SF
Huesdonk was a tough SOB. Seems like you had to be a tough SOB to live anywhere in that era, especially the peninsula.

“Hey, I’m just going to pack this iron potbellied stove upriver..let me pack it to the gills with flour and sugar…”

And we bitch about getting low-holed.

landlocked

And sorry to Triploid, the OP on this thread…it’s gone way awry. Just buy your own grub and seafood in Aberdeen and grill, flambeau, sauté, bake, fry, deep fry, smoke, bbq, cook over an open alder fire, or pan fry how-ever you see fit.

John Huelsdonk would have hit you over the head with the iron pot bellied stove he carried around for his late 19th century cross training regimen (while it burned Mark Twain manuscripts for fuel) if he thought you couldn’t find any edible food on the lower OP.

dustinchromers

On an evening of thorough verbosity I counted the Manbearpig's entire vocabulary: 67 words. That's it. Every thought he ever had could be communicated with that word budget. I'm not sure if that means the beast is a man of few words or a man of many words, just the same few used again and again.

And my mother used to tell me cursing was a sign of limited vocabulary and use of the English language. Well mother, exhibit A. You know exactly what he's saying and you've likely not know the word fvck could be used so widely in so many ways. A veritable cornucopia of cacaophanous expletives that while limited in their scope are diverse and descriptive to a precision not found in other wildlife of the peninsula. Behold mother, the language of Manbearpig.

dustinchromers

This story sounds supper, I had thought it was him. Met him once, at a clinic with George Cook, arrogant doesn't come close to describing him!

Him and George are buddy's for sure. I lived down the street from him. I didn't know what to think at first. My initial observations were auditory in that I've never heard loggers curse like that. Second was I immediately felt relief when I realized or was not a meth lab in the house but a bait curing lab instead. I've never seen someone so dedicated to fishing bait. There was chemicals in there from science catalogs I'm sure were illegal in most countries and states. Lastly was the fact this giant Russian was despite his outward demeanor pretty genuine and would give you the shirt off his back. When he was wearing one which was rare.

doublespey

Steelhead-a-holic
MBP missed his calling as a professional wrestler. I appreciate his honesty tho - no sugarcoating his opinions. Definitely a throwback. Passionate about what he believes in. I'm kinda surprised he's still alive. Forget Hemingway, I'd pay for a frontrow seat to MBP meeting John Huelsdonk.

dustinchromers

MBP missed his calling as a professional wrestler. I appreciate his honesty tho - no sugarcoating his opinions. Definitely a throwback. Passionate about what he believes in. I'm kinda surprised he's still alive. Forget Hemingway, I'd pay for a frontrow seat to MBP meeting John Huelsdonk.

I'm not shocked he's still alive. That guy has been crushed by trees, in car wrecks, and a host of other would be fatal to mortal people situations. I'm convinced he cannot be killed by conventional weapons.

quilbilly

Big Time Hater
He's like Keith Richards...there is nothing known to man that can stop him, and he will outlive us all...
I've fished with him several times, a day in the drift boat on the Hump is an experience one should have.

:)

landlocked

But,,that's ok because its given us a nice set of alternate perspectives so far..

Don't recall, what his connection to Idaho? Born there or just had a house there?
Pretty sure he just spent part of the year there ( somewhere around Ketchum) for a few decades. Was a big fan of Silver Creek and The Big Lost up by Mackey.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts