Flood Watch

Old Man

A very Old Man
Well this is a first for Butte in a few years. I've lived here for about 4 years now We are at about a mile above Sea Level. No rain in the last few days except a few sprinkles. They are calling for a flood watch here. From noon until 9 tonight. Boy, I sure hope I don't get washed away.:eek::eek:

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
We got some rain last night and this morning, but not that much. Unfortunately came with some lightning off to the east. Hope it helps, it's been in the right place.. Stay safe.
1627853489955.png

Last edited:

Old Man

A very Old Man
We get rain and thunder and lightening, but only about 5 minutes of rain. That don't even put out a wooden match. We need a gully full of rain. Plus we get more fires started because it's so damn dry in the woods.

Rob Allen

Pueblo is kinda interesting. Yesterday we were on a flood watch. It clouded up good but only sprinkled here at my house. But I drive to work and all the spots where water crosses the road are just destroyed with mud and debris. Water travels a long way in the dessert and is gone before you know it. It could really catch someone off guard, I imagine it happens fast.

Old406Kid

Pueblo is kinda interesting. Yesterday we were on a flood watch. It clouded up good but only sprinkled here at my house. But I drive to work and all the spots where water crosses the road are just destroyed with mud and debris. Water travels a long way in the dessert and is gone before you know it. It could really catch someone off guard, I imagine it happens fast.
I spent 2 years just south of you in Clovis, NM while in the Air Force, 69-71.

The highways had lots of 'Dip' signs instead of bridges or culverts and were the norm where there were dry wash creek beds. All was fine and well until I hit one after a cloud burst and the water crossing the road was about 2' deep. Definitely gave me a newfound respect for hydroplaning.:)

Last edited:

Bob Newman

And that’s why they call them flash floods.

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
I fished the Cedar today. It could do with a flood. I've never seen it that low before. I fished a few of the deeper and more oxygenated pools and went home.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
Just curious if Pueblo still uses a city logo that depicts the sun through layers of smog from the steel mill like they did when I was in the area?

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
I thought that belonged to 70’s era Tukwila?
This was a real thing. My uncle worked at the mill and we went to Pueblo quite often. IIRC there was a huge billboard on I-25 as you entered town.

Fun fact; He was the uncle that always called me WW.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts