Quick Advice Needed

Hiouchibear

We are at the front end of a month-long vacation pulling our travel trailer and heading toward Idaho and Montana from California. We are considering altering our trip plans due to wildfires and related smoke. I have cardiovascular issues and may not want to take a risk on the smoke. That said, we are thinking about heading west in the direction of Seattle. We are currently in the Pasco/Kennewick Washington area trying to decide what to do. Continuing on our trip to Northwest Montana seems a bit risky due to the smoke and my medical issues. If we head west, does anyone have a suggestion where we could camp with our travel trailer on a river, fly fish for trout etc.? We must wade fish or hire a guide.

mcswny

You could drop down to Central Oregon and fish some of the bigger rivers: Deschutes, Crooked, Metolius. All have camping spots for trailers. Just make sure you pay attention to the regs in terms of Hoot Owl restrictions (but you would have had that issue in MT as well). However, you won't have that issue on the Met since its a spring creek.

Other than that, I can't help you much in terms of WA spots.

Good luck!

hookedonthefly

The Skagit comes to mind. Not necessarily a trout creek; but, stunning. Rockport has RV capability depending on size. Avid Angler in Seattle is a good resource. Have Fun, Ed

Brian Caud

WFF Premium
Central Washington has had its fair share of smoke this year - just depends on what the winds are doing.

The Klickitat, Yakima, Naches, Bumping rivers come to mind from where you are currently but can have smoke

Deschutes and Metolius down in Oregon are all family favorites with our campers - again can be impacted by smoke

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium
Central Washington has had its fair share of smoke this year - just depends on what the winds are doing.

The Klickitat, Yakima, Naches, Bumping rivers come to mind from where you are currently but can have smoke

Deschutes and Metolius down in Oregon are all family favorites with our campers - again can be impacted by smoke

Gonna be tough to find a camping spot on the Lady M. All spots I've seen are reserved and taken.

cheers

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts