Cause of Death: Selfie

dustinchromers

Well I'm just glad nobody is saying anything controversial.

For the record I'm talking handrails around gorges and the grand canyon ect. Clearly the tourist overlook needs a rail and the stairs in town. I'm not a sadist. I just don't need the keep out sign and fence on the most obvious giant ass hole in the earth miles from any developed attraction.

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Premium
There is a cure. Always has been.. Natural selection ensures the stupid don't reproduce. We are so busy protecting the stupid with laws, regulations, handrails, ect that they are the top producer of offspring now. It's not natural. My plan would be to remove all safety labels and handrails and let nature take its course.
U get rid of handrails and 1/2 this site is at the bottom of the stairs with broken necks.
Old people need handrails, glasses, hearing aids and.....depends.
good point, but really, do tide pods need do not eat labels for teens?

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Premium
I'm thankful for the sensors on my overhead garage door. Cuz I used to really like standing there when it was closing...
I got a buddy who drove his car into the garage with his race bike on top. The second time he did it he even had a reminder tag on his rearview mirror. A sensor might have helped.
Actually he's a really bright guy, we all can have our moments.

Albula

swollen member
because of course only those people have an agenda
Only "those people" have an agenda that is filling ICU beds, crippling the healthcare system and making dedicated career nurses wonder how much longer they can survive working 8 or 10 12 hour days in a row trying to keep people alive who, without their agenda, would not be in the hospital in the first place. Sorry Billy. I am done.

Porter

I got a buddy who drove his car into the garage with his race bike on top. The second time he did it he even had a reminder tag on his rearview mirror. A sensor might have helped.
Actually he's a really bright guy, we all can have our moments.

Haha…I can kinda relate. I was painting some new interior doors and had set up a semi paint booth in the garage but part of it was attached to the garage door lift racks near the ceiling. I told everyone in the family do not open the one garage door or else…I had used it for two nights with no problems but the third night after bringing my son home from basketball practice, and out of habit, I reached up and hit the garage door opener in my car and crash boom bang. I lost my paint booth, I damaged two doors, had to buy a new one, and had to do a little patch work and repaint the other….. Dumbshit was I. I could only blame myself. ( I was double priming and double coating both sides of doors, and of course the one I ruined was on its last paint application.

tirefire

Only "those people" have an agenda that is filling ICU beds, crippling the healthcare system and making dedicated career nurses wonder how much longer they can survive working 8 or 10 12 hour days in a row trying to keep people alive who, without their agenda, would not be in the hospital in the first place. Sorry Billy. I am done.
Fearmongering and flat out lies
Melodrama and hyperbole, not to mention an overreach by ascribing one mindset to nurses with no knowledge of what each one actually believes. Some may feel that way, not all do

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Premium
Fearmongering and flat out lies

Melodrama and hyperbole, not to mention an overreach by ascribing one mindset to nurses with no knowledge of what each one actually believes. Some may feel that way, not all do
Caring for very ill unvaccinated patients due to dangerous Covid is a reason why lots of staff at hospitals have left or switched careers. RN Staffing shortages across the country are very real and not in the remotest "flat out lies" as tirefire's troll implies. It takes two seconds with an internet search for "Nursing Jobs" to verify positions open everywhere. It's not just nurses, it is also MD, Respiratory, EMT etc etc.

Good money and bennies if you don't mind the risk....

Tirefire's right, it is "fearmongering." And guess what, fearmongering is appropriate. (What's that saying Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you). UW just cancelled the majority of Elective surgeries, Swedish the same. Probably the same for all Texas and Louisiana hospitals. You get a handful of RNs and respiratory staff who then have to quarantine, and suddenly you got no staffed beds. Here's hoping the local hospitals and the big centers can preserve some beds.

Who gets the bed out of the ER?

Ask Nurses and staff and ER teams and Medics about how they really feel on that question of how to prioritize resources for COVID patients that chose not to get vaccinated, the closest parallel you'll see is the level of excitement they have about helping homeless substance abusers. They'll do it, because it is their job and they are by and large professionals who show up to work in shit storms. But guaranteed they are gonna prioritize every ICU and other resource they have for the sick 11 year old with Covid who couldn't get vaccinated.

Fascinating to watch the median age of hospitalized Covid 19 patients steadily fall since vaccinations began. Seems like the young, confident, unvaccinated are paying a disproportionate price for their inability to gauge risk. Who saw that coming?

Everyone who cares about public health aka Fearmongers as tirefire put it.

The only thing I disagree with Albula about what was said earlier is the idea that the unvaccinated have an agenda. Agenda implies some kind of ability for abstract thought and risk/reality assessments for a project. A project that has momentum. Seems like when you point out the momentum for the unvaccinated is getting ill, with a subset getting very ill and a subset of that subset dying, and all the way along the unvaccinated's ability to give Covid to more unvaccinated people who face those same outcomes, the unvaccinated-by-choice's confidence in how correct they are becomes paradoxically higher. Or more ridiculous depending on how you see it.

Last edited:

IveofIone

WFF Premium
In the Middle Ages almost 30 million people in Europe died of the plague. There was no vaccination and death came very quickly. People thought that God had something to do with it, a conclusion born in ignorance. Fast forward hundreds of years and Covid has killed almost 4.5 million worldwide despite the presence of free vaccinations that people are too ignorant to accept. In this country about 97% of all cases now are among the unvaccinated. It is incomprehensible to me that so many people reject an opportunity to save their own life, mostly on the basis of conspiracy theory or false information. A conclusion born in ignorance. The Darwin Award should be awarded En Masse this year.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts