Cause of Death: Selfie

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Premium
At what point do the actions of leaders promoting bans on mask mandates and vaccination requirements become a crime against humanity?

Fucking DeSantis not only wants his voting age supporters to sicken or die but their children too.
Remember when they wanted to imprison Kevorkian for life? Some of these governors make him look like Mister Rogers!

Jack MeHoff

In the Middle Ages almost 30 million people in Europe died of the plague. There was no vaccination and death came very quickly. People thought that God had something to do with it, a conclusion born in ignorance. Fast forward hundreds of years and Covid has killed almost 4.5 million worldwide despite the presence of free vaccinations that people are too ignorant to accept. In this country about 97% of all cases now are among the unvaccinated. It is incomprehensible to me that so many people reject an opportunity to save their own life, mostly on the basis of conspiracy theory or false information. A conclusion born in ignorance. The Darwin Award should be awarded En Masse this year.
I firmly believe many people feel why prolong the misery that is why they refuse the shots

Jack MeHoff

At what point do the actions of leaders promoting bans on mask mandates and vaccination requirements become a crime against humanity?

Fucking DeSantis not only wants his voting age supporters to sicken or die but their children too.
Remember when they wanted to imprison Kevorkian for life? Some of these governors make him look like Mister Rogers!
People use to be free to make their own choices , as long as your vaccinated there should be no problem.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Premium
People use to be free to make their own choices , as long as your vaccinated there should be no problem.
Ok...I'm gonna 'splain it one more time. Even if vaccinated you can still carry and spread covid 19 Delta to anyone around you. That includes small children that are unable to get the vaccine and freedumb lubbers that refuse the vaccine. You can literally kill people by walking by them.

doublebluff

Go Beavs
With the exception of the relatively rare incidence of an actual medical justification to not get vaccinated, it is indefensible presently to refuse the vaccine or get in the way of mask mandates. If you are listening to folks telling you otherwise, you are listening to the wrong people and/or are very selfish. This post is not meant to alienate folks- I don't know hardly any of you. I just want you and those near you to stay healthy and not spread the infection.

Jack MeHoff

Ok...I'm gonna 'splain it one more time. Even if vaccinated you can still carry and spread covid 19 Delta to anyone around you. That includes small children that are unable to get the vaccine and freedumb lubbers that refuse the vaccine. You can literally kill people by walking by them.
this is where I get confused, being diabetic I was told by my doctor to get the J&J one shot i did then later I was told by my doctor to now get the Pfizer two shot vaccination because the J&J shots not effective against the new variant, I finished that series today. so after all this I can still transmit Covid 19 Delta. At what point do these vaccination really do any good other the calm the general public into thinking their safe given the various variants, seems like we should be back to wearing masks but nobody has the balls to make it mandatory.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium

I swear I will not get involved with idiocy, I swear, I swear, I swear ... serenity now, serenity now...

OK, rather than end up like Kramer and Costanza, just to let you know the idiocy of this, we are still free to make our own choices:

The 19-year-old here in Bend was free to choose to drive drunk the other night, killing a 61 year-old cyclist - he is now charged (rightfully) with manslaughter:

bend-man-charged-with-manslaughter-after-killing-cyclist-on-century-drive

You're free to choose to speed through school zones, but you might just kill some children:

Mother was free to choose to send her child to school despite positive COVID-19 test, now 80 kids are in quarantine - if 1 gets sick and dies (or a parent or grandparent), should she be charged with manslaughter (see above drunk driver)

We are free to make choices (despite the idiotic statement above); however, our choices have consequences, and when the choices I make start to endanger other folks, I, as a moral person, must re-examine my choices.

the_grube

seriously.. how did a thread about people falling off a cliff while taking a selfie turn into another 'Braveheart' moment about personal freedom and an ensuing passionate plea for all to get vaccinated replete with links to volumes of information. I follow the CDC guidelines on all that stuff, and think it's important that others do too. But there's a time and place for everything.

Can we get back to talking about people falling off cliffs while taking selfies please?

the_grube

Know a guy who works in the modern internet scene so he knows a lot bout techno-logical devices!! Such as phones. Therefor I KNOW a lot bout techno-logical devices!!!

He told me he's expecting tgese modern hand held phones to have emergency parashoots installed next couple years. Major carriers, phone companies and service providers all workin' on this behind the scenes currently. For this reason!!!!!!!!
Let me know if there's a go-fund-me for this techno-logy... I'll dig deep to help make it reality. The vertical markets alone are staggering (pun fully intended)

doublebluff

Go Beavs
First off, Jack... it is great that you have gone the extra 10 yards to fully protect yourself. Remember the goal of every vaccine- to protect you from getting really sick. Very few vaccines fully block transfer- though you will not have as many virus in you if you happen to get infected, and thus you are less likely to transmit the infection. If you are hanging with other vaccinated people, the risks of serious disease are really, really low, even if one of you gets infected.

The key problems now are 1: unvaccinated people are facilitating propagation of the virus and are facilitating the generation of variants. 2: People who have gotten sick, but did not get vaccinated, are also hosts that actually select for antigenic variants that we are seeing now. Crazy stuff- Check out what happened in Manaus, Brazil. the more people stay unvaccinated, especially if they do not mask, the more events we can have that spread the virus and allow new variants to emerge.

This virus is incredible. Twice around the world- the original and the variants- in less that 2 years. That is one seriously infectious agent. Let's all do our part to get rid of it and to keep our friends/families safe.

I will check out and look forward to more selfie-death madness.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium
this is where I get confused, being diabetic I was told by my doctor to get the J&J one shot i did then later I was told by my doctor to now get the Pfizer two shot vaccination because the J&J shots not effective against the new variant, I finished that series today. so after all this I can still transmit Covid 19 Delta. At what point do these vaccination really do any good other the calm the general public into thinking their safe given the various variants, seems like we should be back to wearing masks but nobody has the balls to make it mandatory.

This is understandable and reasonable. The Delta variant does seem to transmit to vaccinated individuals, there is also preliminary evidence that those vaccinated individuals can transmit the virus (this needs to be confirmed). So yes, this is confusing and troubling.

The good news is, that even despite this, the proportion of vaccinated individuals that end up with severe illness (requiring hospitalization) is very low (ranges from 0.1 to about 5% total hospitalizations for COVID-19) and death, even lower

covid-breakthrough-infections-vaccines.html

As has been discussed previously, one of the major reasons to be vaccinated and have a high proportion of individuals vaccinated is to prevent new variants from arising in the first place (such as the delta, which did arise before widespread vaccination). The smaller the pool of infections, the less likely new variants will arise.

This is also the reason that "Boosters" are being discussed/examined - there preliminary evidence boosters could help, again this needs confirmation.

And yes, unfortunately, wearing masks is again advisable (and is becoming mandatory in some areas).

Hope this helps.

cheers

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts