SOLD Bamboo Fly Rod - 7-1/2' 5 weight (newly finished)

para_adams

Here's an inexpensive bamboo rod for your consideration. Before COVID, Dick Hedges in Mill Creek closed out his bamboo rod building business and I purchased one of his finished rods and a 7-1/2' 2 piece blank he had left in his supplies. He described the blank as built by Gene or Bill Edwards and sold by a fly shop back east. The blank was also impregnated cane, not needing a full varnish to fish. The blank was a good price and it provided a fun project over the last year.

I added the cork, slide band seat, agate stripping guide, ring hook keeper, guides and tips. The wraps are silk finished with marine spar varnish. After completing the rod I noticed a slight twist in the cane in the butt section while sighting down the rod from the reel. Other than that imperfection, the rod came out very nice and is a good all-around 5 weight. The rod weighs 4 ounces and has size 16 ferrules.

I enjoyed the build but have other 7-1/2' and 8' five weight bamboo rods so I'm ready to find a new owner to give this rod some love. Never fished. If you are local please try the rod first with a lawn casting session. The North Bothell lawns are not stocked with trout, as my neighbors frequently remind me, but its a good way to determine if the rod is what you want. The rod comes with a sock and tube. I'm asking pretty much what I have into the rod for the blank and components...$275. If you want the rod shipped please add $25.

Last edited:

flybill

A collector never stops collecting!
WFF Premium
Interested but cant do right away. Could do a partial trade with a Hardy St John and a few fly lines if you're interested.. plus some ca$h to make up the difference..

I also have some old agate guides and old silk threads for your next build too I can part with.

sroffe

The North Bothell lawns are not stocked with trout, as my neighbors frequently remind me, but its a good way to determine if the rod is what you want.
LOL, Burien lawns have the same problem with the lack trout.

Nice job on the build too. If it wasn't pending, I'd be asking... Well,... let me know.

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts