Forest grouse season runs from Sept. 15, 2021

JS

Haven’t had the boomstick out yet this year, but seeing lots this year. They won’t hold still so I can smack them with the thumper, lol

fly-by

WFF Premium
Had some good days the latter half of September at low elevation, including a coupe of Blues which is unusual. They've all moved over the last week or so and I haven't figured out where. I'll be avoiding the woods for a few days with rifle deer opening.

ribka

getting into ruffs this year bonus mushrooms too

qUeua1f.jpg

g1pJLCP.jpg

vDrkRAJ.jpg

zp3sWbJ.jpg

G9v6VGJ.jpg

Stahy5N.jpg

Phil Fravel

Friendly
Ok. Could use a little help here. Been a pheasant hunter for years traveling to E Wa Well with the price of gas and With Steelhead counts low I decided to get into Grouse hunting to get me through the fall.

I’ve got in 15 miles of walking in already along with watching countless videos trying to learn how to find these birds. I’ve yet to see one. Even though the paths I walk are very “Grousey “ or at least I think so.

I’m hunting the West side of the mountains now. South King and Pierce counties. I’m looking for someone I can ask a few questions. Not like what rock to stand on. I don’t mind doing the ground work. But usually after an outing I have some unanswered questions.

Pleas Pm if ya don’t mind me asking ya!!

Roper

Idiot Savant
WFF Premium
Ok. Could use a little help here. Been a pheasant hunter for years traveling to E Wa Well with the price of gas and With Steelhead counts low I decided to get into Grouse hunting to get me through the fall.

I’ve got in 15 miles of walking in already along with watching countless videos trying to learn how to find these birds. I’ve yet to see one. Even though the paths I walk are very “Grousey “ or at least I think so.

I’m hunting the West side of the mountains now. South King and Pierce counties. I’m looking for someone I can ask a few questions. Not like what rock to stand on. I don’t mind doing the ground work. But usually after an outing I have some unanswered questions.

Pleas Pm if ya don’t mind me asking ya!!
Phil, try areas that have been logged a few years ago. Walk the old logging spurs and push into new growth that provides cover. Forest service roads hold fine gravel that they need to grind in their crop. Late afternoon as shadows grow they’ll pick gravel and head to their roosts. And keep walking, do you have a dog?

Phil Fravel

Friendly
Phil, try areas that have been logged a few years ago. Walk the old logging spurs and push into new growth that provides cover. Forest service roads hold fine gravel that they need to grind in their crop. Late afternoon as shadows grow they’ll pick gravel and head to their roosts. And keep walking, do you have a dog?
For some reason I knew you would chime in. Thank you

No dog. I’m curious if the guys who do it on the West side are finding birds over here.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts