Loomis Customer service

Porter

It’s so backed up. Ships that come to Seattle for a day or two are staying 6-7-8 days because there is no room on the terminal to unload the containers so they have to work 1 gang per shift mostly instead of 4-5 or 6 gangs per shift and bang it out. There is a lack of warehouse workers and street truck drivers right now to move the containers to and fro the terminals . Expect it to get worse before it gets better.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Have a similar problem with Shimano. The tip top of my 12 wt NRX broke (the tube broke 1/4 inch from the eye-blank was fine-never seen it before lol) and I called trying to find the specs for a new tiptop. Their IVR hung up after 59 minutes so I emailed. Spent over a month emailing with their CS getting various crap messages and still can’t find the size/material to replace it.

I’d just put any tip top that would fit on there and get back to fishing.
It may not be aesthetically pleasing, but the fish won’t care.
SF

EVERYTHING is backed up these days due to the monkey wrench Covid tossed into the economy. It effects us all in many ways from our beloved rod repair to vehicle parts to clothes washer parts to the food and service industry to lack of containers at shipping ports. Unfortunately, that's the price we pay for being part of a once-booming the global economy. Sure, things are bouncing back - but there's still glitches in the big world-wide system.

It's frustrating not having a favorite rod to fish - I've been in that boat before. I'm not excusing poor communication from a company - there's no reason for that. And, this will certainly give Loomis customers some pause when they think about a new rod.

Some people say buy US, and I'm in support of that 100 percent, but the reality is that so many of the little parts and components that go into making the "Made in USA" products may come from overseas. And that supply chain is either broken or has weak links that need fixing. A close buddy decided to repower his center console boat and ordered a new Suzuki outboard motor in early January. Just two weeks ago it arrived at the dealer, and he still had to wait for a prop for it! Go figure!

Maybe it's time to dust off another rod in the closet and give it a little love while you wait for Loomis to come through. Hopefully, that works out for you - good luck!

Buzzy

I’d just put any tip top that would fit on there and get back to fishing.
It may not be aesthetically pleasing, but the fish won’t care.
SF
Given @Porter's post above, we might all be looking for creative ways to keep on keeping on; your suggestions, Brian, is one way to keep casting a rod. One local franchise has been struggling to keep shelves full, lots of empty space on their store shelves. New normal?

surfnfish

broke a fairly new boat rod last year...ION XL 6 wt, excellent inexpensive rod. Threw it in the trash, bought another one.
That fish on the other end of the line could give a crap about the quality of the rod that just hooked him...

Vandelay Industries

A wholly owned subsidiary of Kramerica Industries
broke a fairly new boat rod last year...ION XL 6 wt, excellent inexpensive rod. Threw it in the trash, bought another one.
That fish on the other end of the line could give a crap about the quality of the rod that just hooked him...
Echo would have sent you a new rod, or at least replaced the broken sections, if you sent it in for $35.

Richard E

I have less than expected customer service from Loomis. I spent close to $300 on a large travel duffle. I called to ask about advice on a broken buckle. I was told to buy a new bag.

I have had great experiences with Sage, Meiser and Burkheimer. These companies make me feel like they want my business now and in the future. I don’t get the same feeling from Loomis
Your experience here is pretty typical with folks selling soft goods. The response you got from Loomis, I received a similar from Sage, respective to a separated zipper on a Sage backpack. The company that has provided me the best service, and sells all products fly fishing along with other goods, is Orvis.

longputt

I'm not much of a tourist, but this week I made a trip that was very much "touristy" and I was blown away by the level of frustration and outward hostility I saw from waiters, cashiers...the people in the hospitality industry are struggling.

Late one night a waiter/owner of restaurant sat down with my son and I and just vented...he had chewed out some customers and his cook and he felt awful. He truly loves serving people but had lost it that night.

Give them a break they are working extra shifts from demanding bosses who stay at home and use remote cameras to manage them.

Last year Evan Burck, at the peak of Covid, did a nice favor for me and I rarely buy new rods but I bought one from his company after his help.

I am sure Evan would not want me to think less of other companies at this time but it was a real nice thing he did and I bought his brand...and just like he said in his post here it was no nonsense, no frills, no adjectives! Just a solution.

Reactions: et

Akbar

I do think there is a differentiating point between the "good" and the "not so good" in terms of customer service though and it comes down to communication and accommodation (in case communication breaks down).

Case in point; I broke a Sage last year in the height of covid time. Shipped it out there, waited close to 5 months, heard crickets. My dealer hadn't heard from them so I called Sage directly and asked politely what was happening (I figured getting angry wouldn't help anyone). Sage promptly said "that's our bad, we're backed up - what's your address, we'll get you a free loaner rod until yours is fixed". I kept the loaner for 3 months and Sage was kind enough to pay for shipping all ways and cover my rod repair for free since it took much longer than expected. I caught some excellent stripers on that loaner too. Turned a potential "never buy from you again" situation into a "definitely buy from you again" one.

Maybe OP is just saying he would have appreciated some more accommodation on Loomis's part which seems warranted. But on the same token, maybe we should all be a little more accommodating given the hoops our rod factories are having to jump through these days.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info