Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
66K views 2K replies 87 participants last post by  Jim Travers 
#1 ·
Looking forward for the first preseason game Saturday!

#196 ·
That game was not as close as the score would seem to indicate. Carroll would never say it publicly but I would guess somebody hears about the complete lack of discipline that led to unnecessary penalties.

#214 ·
My beloved Patsies won an ugly AFC East game yesterday. In a match up of rookie quarterbacks and teams missing starting tackles, the Jet's chose to let their #2 pick in the draft throw it all over. He ended with 4 int's. Patriots CB JC Jackson had two interceptions bringing his career total to 20 in 24 games played. Yes you read that correctly.

The Patriots offense was pedestrian but they did not turn it over. The defense struggled vs. the run but did not give up a TD and forced the above mentioned interceptions. Saleh seemed not to understand that if you are getting 5 or 6 yards a carry that you should run it every single down. He is a New York Jets football coach.

Patriots quarterback Mac Jones was without an interception for the 2nd time in his career (2 starts). He did not throw deep at all, choosing instead to try and win the game by retaining possession of the ball. The Pat's offense was paced by Damien Williams and James White. It featured running, short passing and a staggering lack of interceptions.

Next week the Patriots will play New Orleans and will likely have to do a bit more offensively and defensively. New Orleans is coached by a true professional in Sean Peyton. Unlike this past weekend when the faced..................... a New York Jets coach.

It's fun watching BB coach up a young QB and bring a team along without the crutch that Tom Brady can be. Margin for error is much less for everyone without 12 at QB. It's really fun to see how football games are won and lost without the GOAT. So far the kid from Alabama has impressed. First, you don't loose the game. Then you get to try and win it. The kid checks off most of the boxes for what BB looks for in a QB.

Go Sox,
cds

#220 ·
My beloved Patsies won an ugly AFC East game yesterday. In a match up of rookie quarterbacks and teams missing starting tackles, the Jet's chose to let their #2 pick in the draft throw it all over. He ended with 4 int's. Patriots CB JC Jackson had two interceptions bringing his career total to 20 in 24 games played. Yes you read that correctly.
That's insane! But I think it's 24 games started out of 40 something played, which is still insane.

#216 ·
Weekly @Sportsman fantasy update will be fairly short this week, as all I really need to say is that I'm lucky enough to have Derrick Henry on my team. Shame it had to happen against the Seahawks, but there was no way he was getting bottled up two weeks in a row.

As others have said, the NFC west is a scary place to be. Could end up being a circular firing squad in which the second place team in the division struggles to get a wildcard spot.

Sorry about those Vikings, @Young Engh . They never met a bed they couldn't shit.

#219 ·
I sure hope so. It helps that our schedule is pretty easy early on though. The downside is that I still think we have the 4th best qb in our division, which less than ideal. Regardless, I like what I see thus far and am far more optimistic this season compared to the past several.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.