Oregon Columbia Trib Steelhead

mcswny

Oregon closed it for salmon as well. Maybe for that reason, but I have been unable to confirm the reason.
ahh, didnt realize that they did that. I just knew thats what everyone was saying they were doing (I've never fished for steelhead, so I have no clue).

When I was below Sherar's on Sunday, it was dead. Both in terms of people, and fish for me.

Dillon

I was at my place in Maupin all last week. It felt very strange. Never saw a Spey rod of any kind. Town was dead except for a bike racing crowd. Had my annual Steelhead trip planned with Matthew Mendez on the Res. Decided to keep it to fish for trout. Something I never do this time of year. First time fishing fishing a trout Spey, first time Euro nymphing, first time trouting on the Deschutes in the fall. Had a great time, Nobody else on the river. Fishing with Matt again tomorrow, with my new trout Spey…

Paul Huffman

Driven by irrational exuberance.
I was at my place in Maupin all last week. It felt very strange. Never saw a Spey rod of any kind. Town was dead except for a bike racing crowd. Had my annual Steelhead trip planned with Matthew Mendez on the Res. Decided to keep it to fish for trout. Something I never do this time of year. First time fishing fishing a trout Spey, first time Euro nymphing, first time trouting on the Deschutes in the fall. Had a great time, Nobody else on the river. Fishing with Matt again tomorrow, with my new trout Spey…
I found wide open campgrounds but the bite was off. I had been crushing trout since last winter with euro nymph tactics. All I needed was a blue perdigon on bottom, a frenchie on the top. I also hooked up two steelhead on the trout euro nymph gear this fall. But this week, fish have been off the bite. I think the temperature decrease is something I need to figure out. I tried trout spey one evening but got just one bump.

mcswny

I found wide open campgrounds but the bite was off. I had been crushing trout since last winter with euro nymph tactics. All I needed was a blue perdigon on bottom, a frenchie on the top. I also hooked up two steelhead on the trout euro nymph gear this fall. But this week, fish have been off the bite. I think the temperature decrease is something I need to figure out. I tried trout spey one evening but got just one bump.
This was exactly my day on Sunday. On any normal day below sherars I can land 6-18 redsides nymphing, but on Sunday I landed exactly 1 with 2 whiteys. I think I was on the water for 5-6 hours.

Paul Huffman

Driven by irrational exuberance.
This was exactly my day on Sunday. On any normal day below sherars I can land 6-18 redsides nymphing, but on Sunday I landed exactly 1 with 2 whiteys. I think I was on the water for 5-6 hours.
There was a good hatch of tiny BWOs on Tuesday, but fish weren’t interested in coming up for them.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts