Westport Tuna Trip - 8/27/2021

Vandelay Industries

A wholly owned subsidiary of Kramerica Industries
That's a lot of good tasting fish. In San Diego it is customary to marinate the fish in "Bernsteins Italian Marinade and Dressing"...(that exact wording on the bottle) and barbecue over a smokey grill. Trust me on this one folks.
Picked up two bottles from Safeway today, but one get one free deal.

How long do you marinade it?

Jiminsandiego

I like to cut the filets into "chunks" about two inches square. Then soak them in the marinade for about two hours. Many times I have soaked them overnight and it is just as good. Not to long ago, Albacore was part of the culture of "Tunaville" aka Pt Loma San Diego and this was ,by far, the most popular way of cooking these fish. You're gunna love it.

Vandelay Industries

I like to cut the filets into "chunks" about two inches square. Then soak them in the marinade for about two hours. Many times I have soaked them overnight and it is just as good. Not to long ago, Albacore was part of the culture of "Tunaville" aka Pt Loma San Diego and this was ,by far, the most popular way of cooking these fish. You're gunna love it.
Thanks for the info. Planning on trying it tomorrow!

Jiminsandiego

I highly recommend you serve the fish with either mashed potatoes or baked potatoes. Also, I would usually cook some extra fish for leftovers. Even right out of the fridge, those smokey flavored chunks of fish are delicious.

Vandelay Industries

I highly recommend you serve the fish with either mashed potatoes or baked potatoes. Also, I would usually cook some extra fish for leftovers. Even right out of the fridge, those smokey flavored chunks of fish are delicious.
Had the tuna last night. It was very tasty. Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to try it again and make sure the next time I'm in San Diego to get it.

Thank you.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info