NFR Yesterday might be a day to remember

deansie

Good for you @Swimmy while my oldest is still only 11, his first fish, first trout, first big trout, etc on the fly was something I hold special in my memory. I’ve got it easy that he likes the sport as much or more than I do…sounds like an excuse to get out to Missoula for some fishing with him and restock his fridge with tasty beverages…er, fruits and veggies!!

Shad

Why is that one of your regrets for their decision? I ask in the least incendiary way possible (definitely not my intent to come off that way). I've attempted to get my son into it, but not all kids give a crap about fishing. Mine certainly doesn't (at least until it comes from someone other than dad). It's never going to be something I'm going to force down his throat either. But, he absolutely loves riding in my inflatable kayak and camping, so we do just do a lot of that instead....while I have a fly rod on board, you know, just in case.
Maybe regret was the wrong word. My point was that I wish my kids had enjoyed fishing with me more. Much as I love the other, old farts I fish with, I can't imagine a better fishing partner than one of my kids.

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Premium
Maybe regret was the wrong word. My point was that I wish my kids had enjoyed fishing with me more. Much as I love the other, old farts I fish with, I can't imagine a better fishing partner than one of my kids.
ah, gotcha. Yeah, I get that.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts