Please go fishing

Northern

It's all good.
WFF Premium
Another 3 day central Wa solo camping/fishing trip for me this week. Bass were a little slow, but found a few players. My most reliable trout lake didn't disappoint - not big fish, but strong and plentiful (as are the mosquitoes at this particular lake!)
No bacon, but corn dogs from the Potholes general store may have been consumed between launchings.

Some of the bass looked like this. What would cause that paleness? Is it just seasonal? (This 16"ish guy ate a white Clarkman-style easy smolt pattern stripped over a dropoff) Nearby gear guys were oddly psyched to see someone catching bass on fly gear - they actually cheered, LOL.
20210922_072032.jpg

Buzzy

Another 3 day central Wa solo camping/fishing trip for me this week. Bass were a little slow, but found a few players. My most reliable trout lake didn't disappoint - not big fish, but strong and plentiful (as are the mosquitoes at this particular lake!)
No bacon, but corn dogs from the Potholes general store may have been consumed between launchings.

Some of the bass looked like this. What would cause that paleness? Is it just seasonal? (This 16"ish guy ate a white Clarkman-style easy smolt pattern stripped over a dropoff) Nearby gear guys were oddly psyched to see someone catching bass on fly gear - they actually cheered, LOL.
View attachment 296092

View attachment 296092
If we were fishing the same (usually) reliable trout lake (lakes), you're right, the mosquitoes were vicious, mean, nasty, biting, blood sucking bugs. Probably wimps compared to their cousins in Alaska, but still, felt like I was a quart low when I got home.

Engee

I can't play a guitar but I can get out and go fishing. Sunday, Monday and Wednesday. The picture was from yesterday - a short hike with the float tube, three fly rods, nine flyboxes, lunch, water..... fins, waders, sonar, net, pfd... 17 trout to hand. Fun day.

I've been concerned - call it worried - about summer kill on Basin lakes. So far two of the lakes I've checked out this week the trout have survived. I think the bigger fish in the lake I fished yesterday may have succumbed but perhaps I just didn't fool any. The water level is up about 18 inches from May. Water was 63F, I could see bottom in 10 feet of water.

View attachment 296086
I recognize that set-up. Look forward to joining you when time allows.

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'

View attachment 296092
Often it has to do with the turbidity of the water. The murkier the water the more pale the fish can appear.
Clearer water the more color and pronounced markings.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts