Labor Weekend Fishing around Oroville

McFly

McFly
from what I have read, DNR roads opened today.
Further, I read that fires can be had effective Oct 1.

Chopaka - here I come.
But the road in to Chopaka was being worked on. Is the roadwork finished now?

IveofIone

WFF Premium
This is the first year. You have to have one to park anywhere on the rez.
$80 doesn't seem that excessive to me. In fact, driving a $50,000 pickup, using a $700 fly rod, a $500 reel with a $100 line then complaining about another $80 to use all that stuff seems a bit disingenuous. A Montana non resident license is $103.50 and an Idaho license is $108.00 or $22.00 for a single day. Plus in those states you will need to buy gas, food and pay for lodging or campsites. Services are limited on the rez so there is little ancillary support for the tribe from a booming tourist industry.

It appears that the tribe has learned from Washington's Discover Pass that parking is a thing...

triploidjunkie

$80 doesn't seem that excessive to me. In fact, driving a $50,000 pickup, using a $700 fly rod, a $500 reel with a $100 line then complaining about another $80 to use all that stuff seems a bit disingenuous. A Montana non resident license is $103.50 and an Idaho license is $108.00 or $22.00 for a single day. Plus in those states you will need to buy gas, food and pay for lodging or campsites. Services are limited on the rez so there is little ancillary support for the tribe from a booming tourist industry.

It appears that the tribe has learned from Washington's Discover Pass that parking is a thing...
It keeps the riff raff out...

Old406Kid

I believe it's $80 annually.
True but if you're only going once, like so many do, it's 80$/day.;)
IMO, the 30$ cost of a Discover Pass for what it provides is just 'mouse nuts' by comparison plus they have a daily option.

The Discover Pass offers you access to millions of acres of state recreation lands in Washington, including:

Krusty

Outta Here
True but if you're only going once, like so many do, it's 80$/day.;)
IMO, the 30$ cost of a Discover Pass for what it provides is just 'mouse nuts' by comparison plus they have a daily option.

The Discover Pass offers you access to millions of acres of state recreation lands in Washington, including:

Nobody holds a gun to your head and makes you go fishing on the rez. Don't pay, don't go. You've got plenty of other places to go!

IveofIone

WFF Premium
It's 2021 guys and recreation costs. Get used to it. Eighty dollars will give you the opportunity to spend a lot of days on the rez over the course of the year and take friends or family with you. Take that same eighty dollars to a ski resort and it will quickly be used up. Same for a pro ball game. An RV site can cost from $40 to $90 a night and the average stay is probably under 12 hours. What kind of a guided fishing trip can you get for eighty dollars?

The reality is that there are many things that cost eighty dollars or more a day that people routinely engage in. I realize that some people including me don't get to the rez very often but if there is a chance that I can catch big brookies, Lahontan cutts or massive rainbows by amortizing 22 cents a day over a year I'm taking it.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info