Flyfishing Olympia Beaches

gdutcher

I'll be in Olympia from 11-15 Sept and I'd appreciate all recommendations for flyfishing nearby Olympia beaches for cutthroat and or salmon.

gdutcher

I would say just go find a beach and fish. Salmon should be around.
Will do. I’ll have time to scout around and talk to people at the fly shop I understand is close by. What’s your favorite fly for fishing in the Olympia area?

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Any beach with public access would be a good starting point. You are in much better cutthroat territory that far south then salmon in my opinion.
You’ll have better opportunities for salmon if you are willing to drive to MA 11.
Good luck.
SF

gdutcher

There is a pattern in the thread. I found some shops on line that claim to make them.

gdutcher

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler

There is a pattern in the thread. I found some shops on line that claim to make them.

The Shock and Awe pattern was developed by Anil Srivastava, owner of Puget Sound Fly Co in Tacoma.
SF

vader

Kind of skeptical of "Claim to make them".

gdutcher

If you're going to be on the Oly/Lacey area, look up The Fly Fisher in Lacey. 5622 Pacific Ave SE #9, Lacey, WA 985032

Nice little shop.
Great little shop and the owner was very helpful. Got some nice tube flies and fishing spots. Unfortunately I got skunked. Strikes but skunked. Has to be something with my technique. Did get a Chinook on the Kalama though on my 7w fly rod. Took about an hour to get him in. A nice end to my trip.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts