Targeting Pinks In The Dosewallips Is Unlawful

Jonathan Stumpf

I don't care how you fish
This gem was posted on the Moldy Chum today. Looks like the video has been pulled by Addicted Fishing though. I guess I would be destroying the evidence too, if it was this much of a smoking gun.

Hopefully WDFW enforcement throws the book at them.

According to the crew at Addicted Fishing, this might be the best video they’ve ever made. Well, they might want to rethink that description.

The unnamed “NEW” creek in this video is the Dosewallips, which flows into Hood Canal and is closed to all salmon fishing. Anyone who fishes the Dosie for trout is familiar with the highlighted stretch of river from the campground up to and beyond the powerlines.

Bad enough being a Washington-based fishing media company and not checking the regs, even worse documenting and sharing 18+ wildlife violations with your 229K subscribers and wildlife officials.

Jake Dogfish

I don’t know why people keep hotspotting this all over the internet they did not say where they were fishing in the video.
It was open to fishing, wether it should be open is a different question. But if it is going to be open it should be open to Pinks since it is loaded.

Last edited:

mcswny

I don’t know why people keep hotspotting this all over the internet they did not say where they were fishing in the video.
It is open to fishing, wether it should be open is a different question. But if it is going to be open it should be open to Pinks since it is loaded.
I don’t have a PhD in law, but sure looks as if it closed 8/31.

Jonathan Stumpf

It was open to fishing, wether it should be open is a different question. But if it is going to be open it should be open to Pinks since it is loaded.
It's a marginal trout fishery, at best, with low abundance of rainbows and occasional sea run cutts poking in from the salt, so not much to hotspot. What they were doing was illegally targeting the pinks, in a river that was closed to salmon fishing. It was made crystal clear in the video too, that they were out salmon fishing. Heck, they stated in the video that they didn't see anything in the regs about harvesting hatchery coho, but some other angler said you could, so they were planning on doing that and "catching dinner" if they caught one. Right after he told the viewers to "always check the regs."

Targeting pinks has become a big problem on that river, so I agree with the Chum calling them out, especially given their high profile in the PNW sportfishing industry. I hope enforcement makes an example of them and will put some more eyes on that river as well.

Jonathan Stumpf

I still like addicted fishing better than moldy chum.
Meh, I prefer the truth-telling and occasional conservation pieces that that Chum runs as opposed to the bro-brah, fishing-is-all-about-numbers, and now add to that we'll-poach-too-if-we-have-to attitude, but to each their own.

Rob Allen

Meh, I prefer the truth-telling and occasional conservation pieces that that Chum runs as opposed to the bro-brah, fishing-is-all-about-numbers, and now add to that we'll-poach-too-if-we-have-to attitude, but to each their own.
You mean the chums occasional truth telling..

dustinchromers

Does anyone else see the irony in the fact the river is closed to protect the summer chum that are being permitted to be netted into extinction by the regulatory department that handles these things. Couple that with the fact that these dorks were outed on a site called "the chum". It's kinda like the chum strikes back. Then just as a cherry on top irony feature you have the fact that they are on a river, in Washington, full of salmon. I'll say that again. They were on a river, in Washington, full of salmon.. It's all so ironic and full of double meanings much like the "hidden loophole" in the regs that you can only see if you're addicted to humped up chrome and sick ass go pro pink pounding with a bold new soundtrack. I only have one question. Were they even fly fishing? I mean I know lots of dudes who are curiously on a biannual fly angling schedule to coincide with the hump run. In odd years they are fly gods. Even years they are hardware purists that deride fly fishers as granola munching sissys with stock height trucks and Subaru's.

Jonathan Stumpf

Does anyone else see the irony in the fact the river is closed to protect the summer chum that are being permitted to be netted into extinction by the regulatory department that handles these things. Couple that with the fact that these dorks were outed on a site called "the chum". It's kinda like the chum strikes back. Then just as a cherry on top irony feature you have the fact that they are on a river, in Washington, full of salmon. I'll say that again. They were on a river, in Washington, full of salmon.. It's all so ironic and full of double meanings much like the "hidden loophole" in the regs that you can only see if you're addicted to humped up chrome and sick ass go pro pink pounding with a bold new soundtrack. I only have one question. Were they even fly fishing? I mean I know lots of dudes who are curiously on a biannual fly angling schedule to coincide with the hump run. In odd years they are fly gods. Even years they are hardware purists that deride fly fishers as granola munching sissys with stock height trucks and Subaru's.
GoPro is sooo 2011. They had the sick ass GoFish camera.

Which they lost on a fish. Then had to go snag the float...which had the camera attached to it...which was still hooked to a fish...moving around in the run.

1631080939348.png

dustinchromers

GoPro is sooo 2011. They had the sick ass GoFish camera.

Which they lost on a fish. Then had to go snag the float...which had the camera attached to it...which was still hooked to a fish...moving around in the run.

View attachment 294595

All that hardware and no footage. Post the footage man. I wanna see all the self congratulatory slaying complete with conservation message. I know it's there.

Matt B

WFF Premium
All that hardware and no footage. Post the footage man. I wanna see all the self congratulatory slaying complete with conservation message. I know it's there.
That was there, but you didn't miss much. I skimmed through it a bit and there was plenty of thanking their homies for turning them on to such a well kept secret gem of a river, errr creek fishery. There was a lot of hardware. There was a half-assed attempt at catching a legal fish out of the canal near the mouth of the river, errr creek. And there was a bagged salad kit for a camp dinner which may or may not have been a paid sponsor.

Brute

WFF Premium
I like granola...but my truck is definitely not stock height... IMG_8570.JPG

Rob Allen

"There was a half-assed attempt at catching a legal fish"

Sounds a lot like the Kalama fly fishing only section in the fall. Aka fly snagging..

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts