Targeting Pinks In The Dosewallips Is Unlawful

Rob Allen

Dude leaves the folks to deal with their broken car by themselves, after they invite him to the spot. Sorry about that, but we're just gonna go send it.

That tells me everything I need to know about these clowns.

You would think they could lend a hand helping the dudes, instead of bouncing to send it.

Looks like there are some properties around the river, in my experience property owners are the ones who disregard regulations the most, with their "I own the river" attitudes. Wouldn't be shocked if they are getting down on pinks too, when nobody is looking.
Another big failing of WDFW.. no one is ever looking.. not wardens fault just not near enough of them.. too much Olympia too little everywhere else.

hookedonthefly

Does anyone else see the irony in the fact the river is closed to protect the summer chum that are being permitted to be netted into extinction by the regulatory department that handles these things. Couple that with the fact that these dorks were outed on a site called "the chum". It's kinda like the chum strikes back. Then just as a cherry on top irony feature you have the fact that they are on a river, in Washington, full of salmon. I'll say that again. They were on a river, in Washington, full of salmon.. It's all so ironic and full of double meanings much like the "hidden loophole" in the regs that you can only see if you're addicted to humped up chrome and sick ass go pro pink pounding with a bold new soundtrack. I only have one question. Were they even fly fishing? I mean I know lots of dudes who are curiously on a biannual fly angling schedule to coincide with the hump run. In odd years they are fly gods. Even years they are hardware purists that deride fly fishers as granola munching sissys with stock height trucks and Subaru's.
I checked out of the interweb for a few days; so, late to the game.

On many occasions, I just cut the hook off and skated flies in the winter off season to see ‘em rise. No harm done except for my gut whicjh hurt from laughter. I got that idea from some Dude down in Oregon. Best, Ed

mcswny

I checked out of the interweb for a few days; so, late to the game.

On many occasions, I just cut the hook off and skated flies in the winter off season to see ‘em rise. No harm done except for my gut whicjh hurt from laughter. I got that idea from some Dude down in Oregon. Best, Ed
I believe this is still illegal, it’s considered harassing the fish. When Lee spencer does this, he does it in season.

Paul_

Fly fisherman started the “douche bag” “ass hat” bro culture . It’s about time other angling groups step up and become part of that scene.

I have watched a few of their episodes and learned new techniques for Kokanee that vastly improved my success. I guess I’m part of the problem.

There are a lot of struggling people in this world that need a sense of being part of something. If that something is fishing related, it could be a lot worse… flame on.

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
Sure, being a part of something that is positive and somehow contributes to the greater good can be a wonderful thing. Being part of a douche bag or ass hat culture just doesn't seem like the best fit for positive impact to me.

Maybe being part of a douche bag or ass hat culture is a step up from where those folks were before. A step in the right direction? Can not imagine being where they came from if that is true...

Rob Allen

Sure, being a part of something that is positive and somehow contributes to the greater good can be a wonderful thing. Being part of a douche bag or ass hat culture just doesn't seem like the best fit for positive impact to me.
I don't believe there is such a thing as the greater good but in terms of being positive
I don't think the bro culture or us complaining about it is very positive.

If we were being positive out posts would be more like Paul's.

Paul_

I should of clarified I wasn’t calling them that, I was just quoting what has been said.
You are correct, being a d bag or ass hat has no positive impacts on anything.

Thomas Mitchell

corvus ossifragus
WFF Premium
Thanks Paul for posting to this thread.

I think the AD guys goofed big time with the initial issue of this thread and in addition to pulling the video, should publicly apologize and use it as a teaching moment since that is their stated purpose. It's actually a great moment for them to walk their talk and I hope they take advantage.

As far as the issues around cultural norms - douchebaggery/asshattery, etc. (wasn't there a Mumbles thread on that a long time ago?), I'm a bit conflicted. While their approach isn't aligned with what I value in fishing, the standard for what's a douche is subjective and I have to acknowledge that maybe I fit the bill from their viewpoint.

If we're all going to continue to use and hopefully preserve the resource, we need to find and embrace the positives brought by diverse constituencies and maybe more important, try to understand the perspectives of those with whom we disagree. Labelling and creating more division is shooting ourselves in the foot from a long-term view.

That's my unasked for perspective anyway.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts