Beach Cannon?

Uncle Stu

I really like casting overhead from the beach with a two handed rod. My current one is a CND Oceana beach rod, 9 weight. It's lined with a Wulff saltwater intermediate line, airflo salmon taper leader. So easy to cast. No need to muscle it. Fishing from the beach? Get a rod designed for it...

Two hander here, it solved my shoulder issues, because I fish on the beach 3-4 times per week. My favorite stick is a Ross Reach 12'6" 6w paired with an SA Skagit head 400gr and short T8 tip. So far I can't find an equivalent integrated line that will sink below the waves but not drag on the bottom in 4-6' of turbulent water. I'd like to find one tho, so I can strip my fly in closer than 40' without my line joints snagging in the rod guides. Surf perch, stripers and coho will often grab a fly right at the end of my rod.

CreekScrambler

Two hander here, it solved my shoulder issues, because I fish on the beach 3-4 times per week. My favorite stick is a Ross Reach 12'6" 6w paired with an SA Skagit head 400gr and short T8 tip. So far I can't find an equivalent integrated line that will sink below the waves but not drag on the bottom in 4-6' of turbulent water. I'd like to find one tho, so I can strip my fly in closer than 40' without my line joints snagging in the rod guides. Surf perch, stripers and coho will often grab a fly right at the end of my rod.
I’m pretty sure there are some really qualified line builders who could do up a nice integrated line for you. Since you have such a specific set of parameters, there wouldn’t be toooo much to innovate around. I think the pricing on a lot of the hand built custom lines is pretty competitive as well compared to quality cookie-cutter production lines.

Uncle Stu

I think you nailed it, Scrambler. I posted this question on another forum and I'm getting the same message. SA does make one that's Sink3 running and Sink5 head, but only up to 230 grains.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts