Latest Net Build to Support Conservation

Protonmadman

Hi All,

I just wanted to share the latest net to leave my little shop, and this one is headed away from our awesome home state and destined for a benefit auction with the James River Basin Partnership back in the beautiful Ozarks of southwest Missouri.

The Executive Director reach out to me on my Instagram account and asked if I would be willing to donate something to help raise funds for their on going conservation efforts, and after a little brainstorming, we settle on a design with a hand-carved smallmouth bass (the primary species in the James River Basin) in a light green resin oxbow river run through the middle of figured maple material. The hoop even has a gorgeous piece of purple heart wood sandwiched between layers of figured maple.

I am so proud of this net and hope it does really well at their upcoming gala. Hope everyone is having a great week and getting out to do some fishing while the weather cools off!

Smallmouth-Net_0.jpg Smallmouth-Net_2.jpg Smallmouth-Net_3.jpg Smallmouth-Net_4.jpg Smallmouth-Net_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

msteudel

Mark Steudel
What would be really cool is to have one custom made for your home river, and then get the actual river put into the handle! What does a net like this run?

Protonmadman

What would be really cool is to have one custom made for your home river, and then get the actual river put into the handle! What does a net like this run?
Something with this amount of complexity would be around $400 (depending on the material), and the other style I’ve done with the salmon smolt in the handle is $300 (see attached). All handmade and one of a kind

Attachments

• 3A3E24B1-FAC2-4C65-BA8E-9E47296D92BD.jpeg
    3A3E24B1-FAC2-4C65-BA8E-9E47296D92BD.jpeg
    332.9 KB · Views: 10

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts