Westport Tuna Trip 9 September 2021

JayB

I've so wanted to go on a tuna trip for years. Two reasons keep reminding me why I haven't. First, I don't have a 12 wt fly rod. Second, I'm a puker, that is, I have a propensity toward sea sickness. I've been on the ocean a few times and just felt like I wanted to die. I could do something about the first reason, the second, not so much.
Same on the seasickness. Being out on the sound in the chop on a small boat has never bothered me, but for whatever reason ocean swells just destroy me.

Wife was an expedition doc on a ship crossing the Drake Passage and swears by a scopalamine patch put on 24 hours before getting on the water with doses of phenergan stacked on top as needed (starting the day before the trip as well in my case).

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Premium
I've so wanted to go on a tuna trip for years. Two reasons keep reminding me why I haven't. First, I don't have a 12 wt fly rod. Second, I'm a puker, that is, I have a propensity toward sea sickness. I've been on the ocean a few times and just felt like I wanted to die. I could do something about the first reason, the second, not so much.
I'm with ya. Looks fun, but I get sick on ferry crossing or my son boat on the snake. Hated to fly for competitions too, took days to be right. I'll just have to live vicariously through the postings for these species.

Bagman

I for one can’t use the patches, last year I missed a whole day of fishing because I could even tell what day it was. This year I tried Lavender, and peppermint oil behind my ears. I also took along some crystallized ginger. Two days out one very rocky which is the worse for me. I tried to stay out of the cabin as much as possible, I did get close because I over heated in the cabin trying to get my rain coat off.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts