Westport tuna 9/13/2021

adamcu280

Some friends and I went out with Nick and Jake yesterday. With the exception of a somewhat steep and uncomfortable ~2h run offshore, the weather was gorgeous. We ended up boating seven fish (six on troll and one on the first bait to hit the water of the day but I didn't even know it was there until I was reeling in to reset) and lost 2-3 others, also from troll strikes. Seemed like we'd get singles or pairs to hit the spread but there'd be nobody else home once we started chum/bait.

At least four of the seven boated fish hit while I was trying to eat an extremely soggy and smashed subway sandwich. You never know what's going to make the fish bite. I could be wrong but it didn't sound like any other boats experienced super hot bites or bait stops either. "I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching" - something a few months ago me would never have said but apparently I've hit middle age.

Nick and Jake took great care of us and I'm already looking forward to the next trip!

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts