NFR 2021 Ryder Cup Thread

GOTY

9x Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
Great start but lots of golf left.

Lots of dudes played great...it was especially nice to see DJ play some of his best golf since winning the masters.

Finau looked amazing too, I wouldn't mind seeing him play twice tomorrow.

Albula

swollen member
Ryder Cup play is a different breed of golf. A buddy who played a bit of golf and used to fish with me both played in the cup and was the winning captain at Kiawah Island. He proved that guys who can putt make for pretty decent rods in a pretty short time. I proved the inverse is not as reliable. KIMG0350.JPG

Last edited:

Peyton00

Keep grinding away team usa.

Don't open a door......they are backed into a corner and ready to fight.

GOTY

Love the beat down. Cheering when the Euros make a bad shot…total assholes.
How so? They are cheering for their team, happens in every sport when something helps the home team. NBA player misses a shot on the road? Fans cheer. Opposing QB throws an incomplete pass vs the Seahawks? Fans cheer. Soccer player misses a kick in PATs? Fans cheer.

That's sports. One team being unsuccessful means another is being successful, it's a zero sum game. Fans cheer for their team to succeed, not to be an asshole.

Last edited:

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium
Interesting, I took the comment the other way, ie, Sportsman was cheering when Euros, who are assholes, made bad shots. I was wondering "why are Euros assholes?"

cheers

GOTY

Interesting, I took the comment the other way, ie, Sportsman was cheering when Euros, who are assholes, made bad shots. I was wondering "why are Euros assholes?"

cheers
Could be. I was basing it off his earlier posts ripping on the us/fans. Either way, doesn't matter.

Awesome win for USA

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium
Could be. I was basing it off his earlier posts ripping on the us/fans. Either way, doesn't matter.

Awesome win for USA

Yeah, Ryder Cup is a different beast, not like a normal golf tournament. Crowd etiquette is out the window. Got no problem with that, seen European crowds do the same,

Great performance by US team, underwhelming by Europe.

cheers

Sportsman

How so? They are cheering for their team, happens in every sport when something helps the home team. NBA player misses a shot on the road? Fans cheer. Opposing QB throws an incomplete pass vs the Seahawks? Fans cheer. Soccer player misses a kick in PATs? Fans cheer.

That's sports. One team being unsuccessful means another is being successful, it's a zero sum game. Fans cheer for their team to succeed, not to be an asshole.
Double post.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info