NRC

WFF Premium
True story - in a high school prank gone wrong, in which I dangled my legs from the trunk of a car, triggering a statewide manhunt, it was reported to police that “feminine legs” were seen protruding from the trunk of the vehicle in question. I have never recovered from the insinuation and am extremely triggered by this whole conversation.

#skippedlegday

jaredoconnor

WFF Premium
I thought it was illegal to remove bull trout from the water, even for a photo. I didn't see anyone mention this, so I'm probably wrong. Either way, not removing bull trout from the water seems sensible.

I don't really care about holding up non-endangered fish, for a quick photo, though. The fly fishing community has gone way overboard with fish handling etiquette. The gear fishermen are the real problem; dragging fish up onto rocks, grabbing them through the gills, etc.

jaredoconnor

WFF Premium
Lol If you think only gear anglers do this then you need to fish around other fly anglers more.

LOL Indeed. Go check out the "fly only" water on the Kalama in September. You'll see ethics that make flossing look saintly and fish handling that hurts YOU to watch.

I've seen hardly any poor fish handling on FF forums. What I have seen is overbearing folks losing their minds over things that won't harm the fish in any way. The gear forums I've been on were the complete opposite; it was rare to see fish not getting completely wrecked.

It's all anecdotal though. You are both right in that I shouldn't have painted gear folks with such a broad brush.

Last edited:

Shad

I've seen hardly any poor fish handling on FF forums. What I have seen is overbearing folks losing their minds over things that won't harm the fish in any way. The gear forums I've been on were the complete opposite; it was rare to see fish not getting completely wrecked.

It's all anecdotal though. You are both right in that I shouldn't have painted gear folks with such a broad brush.
I agree with a lot of that, but I maintain that there is a "dark side" that sucks in all types of anglers.

Riogrande King

WFF Premium
I thought it was illegal to remove bull trout from the water, even for a photo. I didn't see anyone mention this, so I'm probably wrong. Either way, not removing bull trout from the water seems sensible.
Montana regs-
"All waters are closed to angling for Bull Trout and all
fish must released promptly, with little or no delay
unless otherwise authorized in the Western District
Exceptions".

cdnred

It is photoshopped. Noticed only 1 hand is visible so it was a shaker in that hand and photoshopped in a big fish. That is why it is dry
I agree it looks like it was definitely photoshopped. For a fish of this size, he definitely would be showing another hand under or near the fish's head to support the weight. Looking at the grip he's got with his one hand and how far it's extended from his body, he'd definitely would've needed to have a decent grip under the head..

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts