Divad

Swinger
I left Montana, partially because the old environment I once loved was gone (and because I am stupid good at reading steelhead water). Social media has ruined that poor state and these photos remind me of its future struggle. Change my mind.

duggiefresh

I think most fish out of water pics are lame anyways. The gear we wear makes us look like dorks, and if you go without the gear, you get sunburnt and look like a dorky lobster. Plus, there’s already millions of dorky pictures of other dorks holding fish out of water. We’re submerged in a sea of dork pics.

Swimmy

I left Montana, partially because the old environment I once loved was gone (and because I am stupid good at reading steelhead water). Social media has ruined that poor state and these photos remind me of its future struggle. Change my mind.

Where did you move to?

Divad

Swinger
Where did you move to?
A beautiful spot in Washington, central enough that I can get to Oregon to make my license there worth it. Still need to tour up to Canada but dam does WA/OR have a lot of quite water.

EDIT: I do hope though that Montana employs serious fines for mishandling. They need to look at BC, and what they did in the early 00s. Then when tards post pics (proof) like these, they can send them a you-owe-me.

Swimmy

A beautiful spot in Washington, central enough that I can get to Oregon to make my license there worth it. Still need to tour up to Canada but dam does WA/OR have a lot of quite water.

EDIT: I do hope though that Montana employs serious fines for mishandling. They need to look at BC, and what they did in the early 00s. Then when tards post pics (proof) like these, they can send them a you-owe-me.

Nice. Glad you dig it.

I'll take SW Montana over anything in Washington. A few stupid posts on instagram ain't changin' that anytime soon.

Different strokes and stuff
L8VPdFIT_o.gif

Divad

Swinger
Nice. Glad you dig it.

I'll take SW Montana over anything in Washington. A few stupid posts on instagram ain't changin' that anytime soon.

Different strokes and stuff
L8VPdFIT_o.gif
By SW MT you mean Boulder CO right?

But for real why doesn’t MT fish and game hop on social media if you cannot legally take them out of the water. My .02, Montana needs to buck the f**k up on enforcement as the wave of people come in.

Swimmy

By SW MT you mean Boulder CO right?

Call it whatever you want. It is still the best game in town.

But for real why doesn’t MT fish and game hop on social media if you cannot legally take them out of the water. My .02, Montana needs to buck the f**k up on enforcement as the wave of people come in.

I have no problem with this.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Premium
My .02, Montana needs to buck the f**k up on enforcement as the wave of people come in.
I don't know about Montana, but I met a WDFW enforcement agent the other day and during the course of our conversation he brought up a screen on his computer. It showed the location of all on duty agents. I've had work crews larger than the number of agents working in Whatcom, Skagit, and Snohomish county combined. He gave me his card with his cell number.

Buck the fuck up! Meet one of these guys. Get their card and turn in violators. Help 'em out.

Divad

Swinger
I don't know about Montana, but I met a WDFW enforcement agent the other day and during the course of our conversation he brought up a screen on his computer. It showed the location of all on duty agents. I've had work crews larger than the number of agents working in Whatcom, Skagit, and Snohomish county combined. He gave me his card with his cell number.

Buck the fuck up! Meet one of these guys. Get their card and turn in violators. Help 'em out.
Yup I think it was another thread I talked about this. My f&g wardens know me by first name, have their numbers and frequently stop in at the office/hatchery before going out. Hell even mowed the hatchery lawn last year when all were on fire duty.

I think though with social media, an office jockey (not discounting) could pull more violations. Instagram, FB, FishBrain, it’s easy pickings with the smooth brain on some.

roadglideguy

Was on Instagram tonight (after a long break), and was shocked to see how many photos are still the fish way out of water style. I have those
Photos too, but it’s been a while. These are actually the majority of fish photos that showed up when browsing. Guess this is still pretty popular!

View attachment 295576
I keep going back to the saying "you can't fix stupid and stupid is forever". I have suggested that the fish holder hold their breath the same length of time the fish cannot breath...a good number of the fish that are held for a "photo op" have just finished providing a good fight and are using anaerobic respiration for energy. This means that the fish have used up all muscular sources of energy and are working in a "negative energy balance" . When we do this (overdo it...weekend warrior stuff) we are sore for two days. The reason we are sore is lactic acid build up. We have depleted our stores (aerobic respiration) and are creating energy via anaerobic respiration. In a fish that has fought especially in warmer water they have a build up of lactic acid circulating in their system. This essentially cooks their primitive kidney and they die a few days later. Holding them out of the water ads insult to injury...just saying

Rob Allen

These photos don't bother me one little bit from a conservation perspective and I have no fear for the fishes survival..
Not my style but in no way bad.

Study after study shows that the causes for post release morality is almost always hook related injury causing blood loss..

chris stiemert

WFF Premium
Okay okay. It’s funny and all, and you’re not wrong, but that don’t mean you’re right. From now on what if you dug out one riparian blackberry and/or planted one tree for every 10 #keepemwet insta-trolls?
I am only pointing out those who are clearly hoisting fish out of water and then tagging keepemwet, which to me is very hypocritical- and the point is to at least make a few people think.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts