Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
7K views 107 replies 38 participants last post by  TYTLINZ 
#1 ·
Was on Instagram tonight (after a long break), and was shocked to see how many photos are still the fish way out of water style. I have those
Photos too, but it's been a while. These are actually the majority of fish photos that showed up when browsing. Guess this is still pretty popular!

Water Cloud Sky Fisherman Outdoor recreation

See less See more
#2 ·
Was on Instagram tonight (after a long break), and was shocked to see how many photos are still the fish way out of water style. I have those
Photos too, but it's been a while. These are actually the majority of fish photos that showed up when browsing. Guess this is still pretty popular!

View attachment 295576
If I were on Instagram I would follow this guy around with my handle "boozeflyworks". Then I would imitate his look and all his photos in a more extreme fashion with smaller fish. I would have to bleach and soften my hands first and adopt that innocuous look of casual enlightenment though and rap philosophically. I can only imagine what that post says. What poetic message is hidden? I would, I'm that committed.

#8 · (Edited)
Judging by the angle of it's eyes, the fish is probably dead. The eyes are usually angling downward if it's alive.
Nah, it just wishes it was dead after the dry glamour shoot. My crack team of fish forensic photo analysts tell me this fish has been dry for over a minute given there are no drips coming off it and the known ambient temperature and humidity on that date in the area in question. This baby is sun baked. That fish needs a painkiller and that tender prose hidden from view as a eulogy.

The look on the fishes face is as priceless as the smug half grin on the angler. The fish has a face as if to say, "dude, seriously put me down I can't breath. Hey, I can see my redd from here."

#19 ·
True story - in a high school prank gone wrong, in which I dangled my legs from the trunk of a car, triggering a statewide manhunt, it was reported to police that “feminine legs” were seen protruding from the trunk of the vehicle in question. I have never recovered from the insinuation and am extremely triggered by this whole conversation.

#skippedlegday

#21 ·
I thought it was illegal to remove bull trout from the water, even for a photo. I didn't see anyone mention this, so I'm probably wrong. Either way, not removing bull trout from the water seems sensible.

I don't really care about holding up non-endangered fish, for a quick photo, though. The fly fishing community has gone way overboard with fish handling etiquette. The gear fishermen are the real problem; dragging fish up onto rocks, grabbing them through the gills, etc.

#35 ·
This one is great… with the keepemwet hashtag View attachment 295974
I often see photos of trout that have an abnormally stout nose, like the one a few posts back. Are they just deformed stocked fish?

Last time I was in Montana, I took my dad to the Ennis hatchery. All of the fish looked completely messed up. The head shape was really weird. I did some Googling and tried to figure out what that was all about, but I never found an explanation. Any ideas?
That fish is missing mouth parts from being caught so many times.

#34 · (Edited)
I often see photos of trout that have an abnormally stout nose, like the one a few posts back. Are they just deformed stocked fish?

Last time I was in Montana, I took my dad to the Ennis hatchery. All of the fish looked completely messed up. The head shape was really weird. I did some Googling and tried to figure out what that was all about, but I never found an explanation. Any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.