Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
7K views 107 replies 38 participants last post by  TYTLINZ 
#1 ·
Was on Instagram tonight (after a long break), and was shocked to see how many photos are still the fish way out of water style. I have those
Photos too, but it's been a while. These are actually the majority of fish photos that showed up when browsing. Guess this is still pretty popular!

Water Cloud Sky Fisherman Outdoor recreation

See less See more
#54 ·
I like this one. Composition is almost professional. Net placement and background colours compliment the fish and balance the image. I just can't take my eyes off the fact she is choking that fish to death. Look at that thing. It's literally being strangled and you guys aren't even noticing. And I also think she may be in her underwear.

#70 ·
Was on Instagram tonight (after a long break), and was shocked to see how many photos are still the fish way out of water style. I have those
Photos too, but it's been a while. These are actually the majority of fish photos that showed up when browsing. Guess this is still pretty popular!

View attachment 295576
I keep going back to the saying "you can't fix stupid and stupid is forever". I have suggested that the fish holder hold their breath the same length of time the fish cannot breath...a good number of the fish that are held for a "photo op" have just finished providing a good fight and are using anaerobic respiration for energy. This means that the fish have used up all muscular sources of energy and are working in a "negative energy balance" . When we do this (overdo it...weekend warrior stuff) we are sore for two days. The reason we are sore is lactic acid build up. We have depleted our stores (aerobic respiration) and are creating energy via anaerobic respiration. In a fish that has fought especially in warmer water they have a build up of lactic acid circulating in their system. This essentially cooks their primitive kidney and they die a few days later. Holding them out of the water ads insult to injury...just saying

#74 ·
These photos don't bother me one little bit from a conservation perspective and I have no fear for the fishes survival..
Not my style but in no way bad.

Study after study shows that the causes for post release morality is almost always hook related injury causing blood loss..

#76 ·
These photos don't bother me one little bit from a conservation perspective and I have no fear for the fishes survival..
Not my style but in no way bad.

Study after study shows that the causes for post release morality is almost always hook related injury causing blood loss..
I'm not an expert, and won't pretend to be one -
But was under the impression that the science was pretty solid that hoisting fish way out of water wasn't good for them. If it's true and you can keep them out of water with no impact then I will cancel my troll campaign.

#80 ·
I like this one. Composition is almost professional. Net placement and background colours compliment the fish and balance the image. I just can't take my eyes off the fact she is choking that fish to death. Look at that thing. It's literally being strangled and you guys aren't even noticing. And I also think she may be in her underwear.
There was a fish in the picture?

#82 ·
The most objectionable thing about this issue is that people think they have the right to an opinion about what other people legally do.

Fly fishing and the world in general would be best served by people minding their own business. And no, how other people legally catch and release fish is none of anyone else's business even if they post pictures bragging about it.

#89 ·
Tube top.

And yes, she is killing that fish.

#100 ·
I called someone out for hashtagging a rainbow with every trout species on there. At least he was honest and said it was to get more eyeballs on it. Of course, he also apologized for "offending" me....wasn't the case, I just think it's stupid.
I did that too when it first started happening. It still ticks me off because it's an abuse of the original purpose of the hashtag. You click on #steelhead and you get pictures of carp. Greedy people breaking the Internet, should be no surprise I guess.

#101 ·
The most objectionable thing about this issue is that people think they have the right to an opinion about what other people legally do.

Fly fishing and the world in general would be best served by people minding their own business. And no, how other people legally catch and release fish is none of anyone else's business even if they post pictures bragging about it.
nope. public resources. no expectation of privacy out fishing. cant speak for everywhere but often times just the act of taking the picture is technically illegal, regardless of your personal ethics.

if you do public things and share them to the public, expect the public to form an opinion of those actions.

self snitching is always good fun. did you see the new triple felony self snitch event from Eugene yesterday? goes the same way with fish lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.