yakima fishin'

wetline dave

gt, this is prime time. The river has dropped to wadable levels and there are numerous hatches coming off. Pheasant tails and hares ears nymphs for dredging the bottom and just about take your pick for the surface as there are cadis, may flies, crane flies, stone flies and even a few hoppers around, though after this current change in weather the hoppers are probably history. October cadis are not far off in the lower canyon.

Dave

gt

gt, this is prime time. The river has dropped to wadable levels and there are numerous hatches coming off. Pheasant tails and hares ears nymphs for dredging the bottom and just about take your pick for the surface as there are cadis, may flies, crane flies, stone flies and even a few hoppers around, though after this current change in weather the hoppers are probably history. October cadis are not far off in the lower canyon.

Dave
thank you.

dustinchromers

I'm embarrassed to say I've never really fished the Yakima. I admit I'm a coastal chrome junkie. I'm a terrible trout angler no doubt due to my huck and hope methods with subsurface stuff. I need to branch out

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
This used to be prime time for my dad and I to float and camp on the yak. We loved getting out of the boat to hit side channels or the numerous large beaches exposed by low water of the annual flip flop.

We planned our annual father/son fly fishing camping trip to be about 2 weeks after the water dropped. Most years that would be mid Sept thru October

Last edited:

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
I agree it would be best to move pass it and heal. Not easy to do. Been there. It takes time. Just remember it is very important in the long run.. Good luck in your endeavors.

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
Or, maybe it's the perfect place for him to get it off his chest.

Greg - I wish you the best in getting that sorted out and hope you get to heal soon.
Thanks. It may have been TMI and I took down the personal stuff.

The Yak really shines this time of year. Freezing to death in a tent or living life of luxury in heated TVs, it is all good

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts