Wanted Wading boots for walking and in boat use

JD7

After spending yesterday in a boat with my felt soles, it has really become clear I need a pair of boots to go with my waders that are not felt, not metal cleats but more like a regular boot sole for walking. These would not be for stream wading (I already have a nice pair of felt soles where felt is still OK) but for times I am walking, in the boat or fishing in my pontoon. I am size 9.5 in regular shoes and in Portland area. Even if you don't have a pair to sell, I'd be interested in recs for good boots.

gormaci

I think I have cabelas size 10 sneakers with hard soles. Used but useless in basement. Good shape. Used 2, 3 times. They were tight on me.
Free.

Zak

WFF Premium
Hi-Tech high-top light hiking boots work pretty well, one size up to fit with waders.

curtis bias

I wear Korkers and swap soles. It takes a little while to break them in and they feel really stiff at first. After about 2 days of use, they soften up and become quite comfortable. The rubber soles are terrible in rocky rivers. The aluminum hex disks look cool too, but are a bit slippery on slumy, wet rocks. I stick to felt in the river or studded felt. I use the rubber soles for hiking in, or in a boat.

If I'm going to the lake or pond hopping, I wear a steel toed rubber boot that I pick up at our local sporting goods store. I had a pair of really expensive Columbia rubber boots ($100) with neoprene tops that wore out more quickly than I care to admit. I bought the mid priced rubber boots with steel toes and they have lasted. Be sure to look for the ones with memory foam insoles. You should pay around 30 - 35 bucks for them. At least, that is what they cost at our local Academy sporting goods store.

Johnathon Quarrell

Korkers are best for what you describe. One pair of boots with multiple sole options. I personally use the devils canyon boots. 1.5 years heavy use no issues. I swap between soles all the time depending what boat I’m using or where I’m fishing.

gormaci

They dusty in the garage and look bad bu really not much use. It says 11 though

Attachments

• 20210919_121941.jpg
    20210919_121941.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts