Trip Report Kenai and Russian Rivers

sSLXwq1l.jpg

We got a warm-up day on the kenai before the alagnak. Peter and Tom had a chance to get to experience this great fishery.
uK9cA7Ol.jpg

We pulled into a coho spot and peter got hooked up as we beached the drift boats.
21vCzc0l.jpg

I got a couple of nice coho for dinner
XnbVg78l.jpg

It got a little wet that day but it was fun fishing the back channels for big bows. Ron with a nice one.
ZXUV21dl.jpg

DhIyeZkl.jpg

We had a fun day and it was a great warm-up for our float. We came back after the float for four more days and it was awesome for big bows and dollies.
PWlX2hXl.jpg

fWZsb8jl.jpg

etGF1Wll.jpg

KsevL9Rl.jpg

G7QwbMcl.jpg

It was great being to fish for trout again and Luke got into it. He said this was his favorite adventure trip yet.
x7Agaazl.jpg

Ron photo bombed Luke's bow.
e7JTWmIl.jpg

I got this one that had had an injury, Ron said he had caught it before.
O99YPwAl.jpg

DRCpn7Il.jpg

m7psIZsl.jpg

Luke loved the intimacy of the Russian river
fWkBysZl.jpg

kTGc46dl.jpg

Honestly we caught so many great fish you would just loose count and that made for great days of fishing. We had several huge bow approaching the mythical 30 inches, but were lost for various reasons, bad net job, no net available, just popped off, etc. I enjoyed seeing a big bow sitting behind a sockeye and then drifting the egg just right to get a take. Alaska is amazing and it was fun. We stayed at Gwen's at Cooper landing. It was great seeing the changing leaves, new snow on the mountains, and the starry nights. I want to thank Ron and his son, Tobias for a great trip. If you want to set up a trip with him in the future his cell is, 208-669-0233.
Yes Retirement is awesome!

Brute

WFF Premium
Nice...next year when I fish the Katmai, I want to fish it later at the end of Sept (like you guys) when the sockeye have spawned out since I prefer to fish streamers instead bead or egg patterns...while the bows are huge and before they head back to the lakes...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts