False blame

dflett68

WFF Premium
Where are we at on Lucifer? You know The Price Of Darkness, The Horned One? Are we at "pure" evil there? Personally I thought he was a little misunderstood myself and maybe not completely evil. As a scholar in the field where is the consensus on this one?
i think your grab bag of pop imagery pretty much covers my thoughts on that dustin. no one with only a bachelor's degree in anything should probably be considered a "scholar", i guess. i'm certainly not one. but studying myths, of course, is only studying man.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium
Never let ethics or principle get in the way of a good business deal or grift.

Politicians and Folks Addicted to Cheap Crap

I never thought I'd see people advocate at me for one thing then advocate the virtues of China doing the very wrong thing they advocate against and then perform complex mental gymnastics needed to justify it all let alone suport it. I'm not shocked. I'm just predictably disappointed. Then we got the "new school" economic theorists. It's like the traditional laws of economics, history, and ethics are passe now. It's all iPhones and new theories. Those theories you're being sold are being sold to you as manipulation and justification. The game is still the same. The rules haven't changed.

Would the above fall under the "virtue signaling" mantra you so often rage against:eek:? Not sure I've seen anyone advocating the virtues of China on this thread (perhaps I missed it); Chromers, I suspect the computer or cell phone, or whatever device you are using to type your messages was either manufactured in China or contains many bits manufactured in China, what mental gymnastics are you performing to justify this?

Buying products made in China does not necessarily mean you are supporting exploited labour, just as buying American made products does not guarantee you are not supporting exploited labour. It is manufacturer dependent. If you want to ensure you're not supporting exploited labour with your purchase, you really need to do "due diligence" on the product and manufacturer, something very few of us (again, myself included) actually do. This is also very difficult (impossible?) to do with complex goods made up of many parts from many different suppliers; so good luck folks in your ethically pure purchasing efforts.

cheers

FinLuver

Would the above fall under the "virtue signaling" mantra you so often rage against:eek:? Not sure I've seen anyone advocating the virtues of China on this thread (perhaps I missed it); Chromers, I suspect the computer or cell phone, or whatever device you are using to type your messages was either manufactured in China or contains many bits manufactured in China, what mental gymnastics are you performing to justify this?

Buying products made in China does not necessarily mean you are supporting exploited labour, just as buying American made products does not guarantee you are not supporting exploited labour. It is manufacturer dependent. If you want to ensure you're not supporting exploited labour with your purchase, you really need to do "due diligence" on the product and manufacturer, something very few of us (again, myself included) actually do. This is also very difficult (impossible?) to do with complex goods made up of many parts from many different suppliers; so good luck folks in your ethically pure purchasing efforts.

cheers
Personally, we should all be wearing attire made of wolf and coyote skins, rhinestoned with ticks, collared in rattlesnake, whilst casting one piece cane rods, tenkara style…to surely be a purest away from the evils of the world.

Cell phones (optional)

Carry on…

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium
Personally, we should all be wearing attire made of wolf and coyote skins, rhinestoned with ticks, collared in rattlesnake, whilst casting cane rods…to surely be a purest away from the evils of the world.

Cell phones (optional)

Carry on…

Have you been following me? How did you know my attire? Good to see ya Fin - keepin' it light:).

cheers

dustinchromers

cheers

A fair critique and yes I realize it's all but impossible to completely avoid. But all the more reason we should have other sources for chips ect. And I do by all means vote down Chinese products with my dollar when I can. It's not easy as there are no alternatives at times. I'm no gymnast or doctor. Just trying to get along in the world.

Rob Allen

I just got home from purchasing a few rolls of backing.A friend works the counter exclusively. This clown came in, said his father had passed a couple months ago .He found a SAGE rod ion the garage,asked for info on reels suitable.He had no idea as to the weight of said rod.My friend set the 3 spool Lamson on the counter .Good set up and I wished they had the boxed set yrs ago. The "clown " got instantly offensive pointing the China made in writing. I don't by China but I also have dozens of reels.Still he insulted the counter man and pointed out he was 1 of the major problems by selling them. I am usually too polite to point out this customer is an asshat . Lucky is wasn't me he was insulting, He may have had to switch casting arms for a while. What you think? Are sales men guilty for selling Chinese crap?

1. Chinese stuff is mostly crap. No not all of it.
2. Even crap is pretty decent these days.
3. Cheap crap fits the American marketplace.

Salesmen aren't guilty of anything. Each salesman is limited by what his employer has to offer and guides customers the best he can depending on customer needs and product availability according to his own experience.

Politically we need to get off our addiction to cheap Chinese crap as fast as we can
The world will be a safer place with diminished Chinese influence in the world instead of the increased influence we are seeing now.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Premium
just as buying American made products does not guarantee you are not supporting exploited labour. It is manufacturer dependent. If you want to ensure you're not supporting exploited labour with your purchase, you really need to do "due diligence" on the product and manufacturer, something very few of us (again, myself included) actually do. This is also very difficult (impossible?) to do with complex goods made up of many parts from many different suppliers; so good luck folks in your ethically pure purchasing efforts.
After reading this I went to my drawer and pulled out a few pairs of pants that I recently purchased. I grabbed my magnifying glass, (something I seem to have to do regularly these days) and examined them very carefully. It was very hard to see and I almost missed it. In fact I didn't see it until I was giving it a second look, but there it was, bigger than Dallas! On the inside seam of the little coin pocket, mixed in with the other stitching was a goddamn commie thread. Son Of A Bitch! I managed to use some good ole Made In USA tweezers and my Old Timers pocket knife and plucked that fucker out. Man oh man! What a close call that was! They thought they could just slip that by me and I wouldn't notice. Well...not so fast you commie-rat-bastards...I'm wise to your tricks.

Jack MeHoff

After reading this I went to my drawer and pulled out a few pairs of pants that I recently purchased. I grabbed my magnifying glass, (something I seem to have to do regularly these days) and examined them very carefully. It was very hard to see and I almost missed it. In fact I didn't see it until I was giving it a second look, but there it was, bigger than Dallas! On the inside seam of the little coin pocket, mixed in with the other stitching was a goddamn commie thread. Son Of A Bitch! I managed to use some good ole Made In USA tweezers and my Old Timers pocket knife and plucked that fucker out. Man oh man! What a close call that was! They thought they could just slip that by me and I wouldn't notice. Well...not so fast you commie-rat-bastards...I'm wise to your tricks.
this is the very reason I wear Prison blues jeans, those pants are made in prison by underpaid convicts in Pendleton Oregon. it don't get anymore American then that ! Paying back their debt to society one pair of pants at a time..

Zak

WFF Premium
Too bad Old Timers are made in China now. The old Sharpfingers were great knives!

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Premium
Where are we at on Lucifer? You know The Price Of Darkness, The Horned One? Are we at "pure" evil there? Personally I thought he was a little misunderstood myself and maybe not completely evil. As a scholar in the field where is the consensus on this one?

The prince of darkness is pure evil, ask any owner (or former owner) of a British classic.
lucas-prince-of-darkness-t-shirt-8.gif

And an MG is not the highest quality import, but it sure is fun. America just never went there.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts