False blame

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Lots of freighter waves today created by big ships full of containers heading north.
Maybe somebody out there is buying those shitty American products????? ;)
SF

cmann886

There's nothing inherently wrong with buying things that are made in China. Very often, it is better for this country if we buy things that are made in China. Folks who think it is always optimal and patriotic to only buy US made items don't understand basic economics. That is checkers level thinking, when reality is more like chess.
Checkers mentality is a bit generous. I would say more like tic-tac-toe.

dustinchromers

Checkers mentality is a bit generous. I would say more like tic-tac-toe.

Yep, people that like domestic or craft quality products are stupid alright. China is an amazing altruistic utopia. We should source all products from there and become as dependant as possible. That's clearly the way forward. A green way forward as well. I'm glad you guys got it all figured out.

Last edited:

dflett68

WFF Premium
I asked you about the Nazis. You didn't answer.

Do you think exterminating millions of Jews was evil or should we provide nuance?

Should we provide nuance to terrorists who fly planes into our buildings killing thousand of innocent people?

There is all kinds of evil in this world. The CCP is an evil regime. We just look past their behavior because we get cheap shit.
i just assumed the nazi question was rhetorical, sorry. but if you need my answer swimmy, that's a yes. what they did, what they stood for, their legacy - i'll call that evil though i wonder if we mean the same thing buy it. i don't believe in the devil or demons, and i don't see even a person like hitler as a manifestation of some metaphysical force representing the opposite of "good". but i'd certainly lay my life down to prevent the things you mentioned and all the suffering that went with them. if you want to try to make me sound like i'm sympathetic with nazi's and al queda because i didn't respond to your red herring, ok.

i also assumed you could pick up on what i was calling out as bullshit. i do think the ccp is an evil regime and that if we were a nation of our stated principles we wouldn't be so friendly with them. but then, we've always been selective about who we shun, and our principles do not seem to be the main factor. or maybe they are, and our true principles lie somewhere deeper than our rhetoric.

i don't know what it means to "provide nuance to terrorists"...possibly just a poorly worded sentence.

the "pure evil" language is emotional, absolute, and not very meaningful. it only sets us up to be - or pretend to be - something we are not, and have never been. that mankind never has been. and it conveniently sets our enemies up as moral straw men that we should feel no reservations about destroying. it's movie language. bible language. childish language. it's bullshit.

Sportsman

i mean, my degree is in biblical studies - how would i have ever taken a poly-sci class or had an original thought?
I mean, how would, how could you not? Everyone had to take a PS course, even when they majored in advanced tiddlywinks. You should change your Avatar to the orange asshole holding a bible like it was an Egyptian Asp, now that is biblical.....and original.

long_rod_silvers

WFF Premium
I mean, how would, how could you not? Everyone had to take a PS course, even when they majored in advanced tiddlywinks. You should change your Avatar to the orange asshole holding a bible like it was an Egyptian Asp, now that is biblical.....and original.
Nah, got a fisheries degree from UW. No poly-sci necessary. Probably should've been though...

Sportsman

Nah, got a fisheries degree from UW. No poly-sci necessary. Probably should've been though...
Good for you. I just enjoyed yanking his chain....a lot. Took my PS in the off-season while getting my fisheries degree in the Gulf of AK. Starting my 3rd year the skipper said I was still a rookie (freshman), so it took a little longer than I thought it would! I didn't mind too much, he was FBI ( Fucking Big Indian), never questioned him!

Last edited:

Swimmy

i do think the ccp is an evil regime

So we are in agreement but your beef is that I used the adjective "pure."

Ok.

L8VPdFIT_o.gif

Yep, people that like domestic or craft quality products are stupid alright. China is an amazing altruistic utopia. We should source all products from there and become as dependant as possible. That's clearly the way forward. A green way forward as well. I'm glad you guys got it all figured out.

"We can't let genocide of the Uyghurs and other crimes against humanity stand in the way of collaborating with China to combat climate change." - John Kerry

Meanwhile China continues to invest billions into coal plants.

Boy I'm sure glad we have the smart people back in the room.
Au2jkNg6_o.gif

dustinchromers

Ok.

L8VPdFIT_o.gif

"We can't let genocide of the Uyghurs and other crimes against humanity stand in the way of collaborating with China to combat climate change." - John Kerry

Au2jkNg6_o.gif

Never let ethics or principle get in the way of a good business deal or grift.

Politicians and Folks Addicted to Cheap Crap

I never thought I'd see people advocate at me for one thing then advocate the virtues of China doing the very wrong thing they advocate against and then perform complex mental gymnastics needed to justify it all let alone suport it. I'm not shocked. I'm just predictably disappointed. Then we got the "new school" economic theorists. It's like the traditional laws of economics, history, and ethics are passe now. It's all iPhones and new theories. Those theories you're being sold are being sold to you as manipulation and justification. The game is still the same. The rules haven't changed.

Last edited:

dflett68

WFF Premium

Ok.

L8VPdFIT_o.gif

Au2jkNg6_o.gif
no, but i said enough already to explain what i meant. sorry for using emotional, provocative language of my own. i think, taken issue by issue, value by value, there's probably not much we don't agree on morally or ethically. but i'm discouraged by the predictable rhetoric of us/them, good/evil, liberal/conservative, left/right, etc., and the predictable results. the way it frames, not our values, but who we hold accountable to them.
you may not be familiar with the bible college movement - no polysci and no liberal thought whatsoever.

dustinchromers

no, but i said enough already to explain what i meant. sorry for using emotional, provocative language of my own. i think, taken issue by issue, value by value, there's probably not much we don't agree on morally or ethically. but i'm discouraged by the predictable rhetoric of us/them, good/evil, liberal/conservative, left/right, etc., and the predictable results. the way it frames, not our values, but who we hold accountable to them.

you may not be familiar with the bible college movement - no polysci and no liberal thought whatsoever.

Where are we at on Lucifer? You know The Price Of Darkness, The Horned One? Are we at "pure" evil there? Personally I thought he was a little misunderstood myself and maybe not completely evil. As a scholar in the field where is the consensus on this one?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts