Pinks on the wobbler

Brad Niemeyer

Old School Member
Looking for Sea Runs in my local "S" river today...all I found were pinks. Consolation prize? They liked the rainbow wobbler fly. My arm is tired and I saw my backing so that's something. The fly performed well cast after cast. Wobbling down on the retrieve and floating up on the slack drift ( kinda like a lake booby fly). Had one SRC slash at it on the surface but no hookup.
PinkLadySalmon.JPG

Attachments

• HumptySalmon.jpg
    HumptySalmon.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
  • RainbowWobbler.JPG
    RainbowWobbler.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 133

Brad Niemeyer

Old School Member
Yes, the sink tip brings it down on the swing. The wobbling action also sends it toward the bottom as it wriggles.

sroffe

Dang, I'm old. When I saw wobbler, I thought of the ole pearl wobbler spoon. I have a couple old ones laying around here.

Double Dang, taking a closer look at that fly it looks like a foam mag lips plug. LOL I like it!!!

speedbird49

65% sure I fished the same S river as you today. I need to get myself a wobbler for next pink season, the fish pretty much ignored my traditional Humpy flies, although it is for the best because I didn't realize the fish were spawning at which point I stopped casting

Brad Niemeyer

Old School Member
Yeah they were starting to pair up and circle in groups. Fresh fish were coming up though. Rain will do that. Unfortunately pinks can stink up the cutthroat fishing.

The wobbler is a variation of the wiggler for bass, never seen one in a fly shop. I have seen the foam cylinder type minnow wigglers.

Brad Niemeyer

Old School Member
Another pink on the Wobbler fly. Two hooked, one landed on the seven weight. NO Cutthroat around so far...

Attachments

• PINKSalmon21.JPG
    PINKSalmon21.JPG
    838.4 KB · Views: 33

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts