Lake Wa coho net schedule

scottcat

Hi, I did a little gear fishing yesterday for coho on the lake. Didn't get to the area at first light but early enough to pick up one fish. I was excited to see jumpers and pods of fish on the move. I thought today I would also bring a fly rod. I got to the area before daylight and to my dismay I saw larger boats and blinking red lights near them. Yup they were netting.
Quite a few fish were caught yesterday, I never saw or heard of a fish caught today.
Does anybody here know how to find the netting schedule for the lake? I'm not finding anything with my online searches so hoping someone here could help.
Thanks in advance

Chucker

Chucking a dead parrot on a piece of string!
Muckleshoot fisheries hotline
1 (800) 347-4669

Recorded message about what’s open for the Muckleshoots. I don’t know if any other tribes fish lake Washington.

scottcat

Hi. After listening to the hotline report I now have a other question. It said the netting will be done today. Is this the end of the netting for this run for the season or is this a short break?

DG

From last weekend just below the locks.
SF

View attachment 296167
I know this is said every fall but how those fish even stand a chance is beyond me. Blocking 90% of the ship canal, placed directly in front on the fish ladder, stacked one after another all the way down to Shilshole Bay...

Gotta be a navigation issue for other vessels too? Wouldn't hate seeing a deep-keeled sailboat accidentally rip through the gauntlet.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
How many Seals were there helping those Indians fish?

Quite a few seals and amazingly there was a turtle caught in the net, which the tribal fisherman released. Must have come through the locks. Not sure how long it will survive being in the saltwater.
SF

KerryS

Ignored Member
Gotta be a navigation issue for other vessels too? Wouldn't hate seeing a deep-keeled sailboat accidentally rip through the gauntlet.
That could be very expensive for someone. If, as a boater, you run over a legal fishing vessel’s gear you are financially responsible for repairing or replacing any damaged gear plus compensation for any fishing time lost. That compensation is based on the average catch of participating vessels during that lost fishing time.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I know this is said every fall but how those fish even stand a chance is beyond me. Blocking 90% of the ship canal, placed directly in front on the fish ladder, stacked one after another all the way down to Shilshole Bay...

Most of the nets I saw were up above the locks entrance and exit to the locks on the saltwater (southwest side) or off to the side down by the railroad bridge. There may be issues with navigation but where the nets were placed that I saw it didn’t look like there would be any.
SF

tyler

Tribal net across about a 1/3 of the entrance to ship canal earlier this afternoon. On the east side in front of Ray's. Lots of seals, too.

Chucker

Chucking a dead parrot on a piece of string!
Hi. After listening to the hotline report I now have a other question. It said the netting will be done today. Is this the end of the netting for this run for the season or is this a short break?

Can’t help you there. I think they update the recording on Mondays, netting most places seems to be Monday-Friday. So you’ll probably be able to find out on Monday.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts