Fall Fishing Thread

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
WFF Premium
Adding to Roper’s report. With Lost closed we missed our usual session at the Chesaw Tavern for a cold one (or ?) a burger, onion rings, and seeing the regulars we have talked with many times.
My thanks to Roper for hosting this gathering. My thanks to Ive and Roper for the dinners. My contribution was packaged salads.

Some very nIce fish to hand. But, the company, hospitality was stellar.

Thanks, Roper. Ive, it was too long between meetings.

Safe travels to all.

Greg Price

Love da little fishies

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
No pix, but I spent three days on the Metolius, learned some things (mostly about how much more I have to learn to fish it effectively), and caught a few fish, mostly on green drakes. Then spent a productive day at a Sisters area lake at 6500'. Counted 8 people fishing bait; my catch was all rainbows, biggest slightly over 20". Snow was present on the rim immediately above the lake, and I saw one very lonely mayfly floating along at about 3 PM. Biggest fish was on a leech, most of others on a prince nymph.
Metolious fish are snobs unless you are feeding them real Cheetos to the junk food brutes under the bridge at the store/deli/fly shop. What a lovely pace to visit/camp

Greg Price

Love da little fishies

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Premium
Thanks Tom for sharing your special waters with me. I love seeing you hook into fiesty fish and enjoy the dumb ones hitting my dry flies
I had a great time. Fun to watch someone else grin, good company. Would have liked to see that steelhead a bit better, not with the leader wrapped around a root, but it beat the 4wt. Good day.

Brute

WFF Premium
Ok, getting into the planning phase of a multi-state 10 day roadtrip with some camping and lodge/hotel for showers…looking for some recommendations (not specific spots/gps, unless it is pm’d). I’ll be driving up from Las Vegas and I’m thinking of starting near Loa UT and fish the Fremont/Sevenmile, head up to fish the lower/middle Provo, then on to the Green (C section or near), the Green above the dam, maybe near Pinedale WY…and if we have time, maybe into ID. My buddy will have his kick boat, myself a frameless pontoon. Mostly chucking streamers, swinging soft hackles or whatever seems to work.

Campsites, accommodations etc would be useful and appreciated…mahalo.

wetswinger

Ok, getting into the planning phase of a multi-state 10 day roadtrip with some camping and lodge/hotel for showers…looking for some recommendations (not specific spots/gps, unless it is pm’d). I’ll be driving up from Las Vegas and I’m thinking of starting near Loa UT and fish the Fremont/Sevenmile, head up to fish the lower/middle Provo, then on to the Green (C section or near), the Green above the dam, maybe near Pinedale WY…and if we have time, maybe into ID. My buddy will have his kick boat, myself a frameless pontoon. Mostly chucking streamers, swinging soft hackles or whatever seems to work.

Campsites, accommodations etc would be useful and appreciated…mahalo.
What time of year?

dustinchromers

Some real inspiring looking trout. That brookie in the first post is amazing looking. The sea runs you guys are getting into are phenomenal.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts