Xi orders massive new coal mining quota

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting

Nobody has mentioned the collapsing real estate market in China. Developers are defaulting on their bond debts. Housing prices are falling. Foreign investors are wary. Real estate is ~30% of China's GDP. On top of Xi's draconian regulatory changes to multiple business sectors, this implies a recession has or soon will occur. Rising commodity prices only aggravate the pain.
Unfortunately it will spread outside China. No one is talking about that either. Higher prices in China will be passed on. Current real estate prices will be impacted here. Etc..

Last edited:

moon1284

more good news - what china isn't mining... as of now the US leads the world in bitcoin mining - the future of money and a technology that truly has the power to transform the balance of power relative to what power craves most - money and privacy and the taking thereof. all the more reason to rejoice that shortshighted, authoritarian regimes like the CCP are attempting to stamp it out and will find themselves playing catchup with perpetually pretend currency. let's hope we have few leaders in washington on both sides of the aisle who see china's recent stupidity on this front as an opportunity for us to gain and press an advantage.

I thought bitcoin mining was bad because it uses a lot of electricity?

Swimmy

Our media enables this admin and the far left loons.
you've got the most individual leverage to make a positive one, and you won't even have to count on the government to do it for you. how american is that?!

This is the new America. A more compassionate America. Where gov't gives us everything for free but we are all still angry.

quote-the-way-to-handle-people-is-to-treat-them-like-chickens-take-away-everything-they-have-joseph-stalin-144-69-19.jpg

dflett68

WFF Premium
I thought bitcoin mining was bad because it uses a lot of electricity?
FUD. on scale it uses far less juice than the stock market machinery which we never question. and as hash power migrates from countries like china to countries like the us, the energy sources being used to mine are much cleaner.

S.O.S.Canada

paralysis via analysis
Looks like Canada just surrendered without a shot fired. On the meantime, the USA just put William Shatner into orbit! USA! USA! USA!
My comments were just a personal opinion and regarding the west in general.
At no time did they insinuate Canada was exempt.
Nor that Canada was any less culpable than anywhere else in the western world.
We surrendered long ago - oilsands, pretty much any/all natural resources, tech infastructure, real estate market control in major cities etc. etc.
There was zero anti- American sentiment intended, apologies if they were interpreted that way.
As you point out you guys are certainly superior to us in many ways and I concede rocket blasting off ability is definitely one of them.
Regarding Shatner, heading to outer space for recreation, and the utterly wasteful costs associated, perhaps it was meant as a gesture of good faith in exchange for the all the money and time the Canadian government spent housing Meng Wanzhou in luxury and shepherding her to and from court proceedings before getting her home safe and sound?

S.O.S.Canada

paralysis via analysis
Think we'll get bacon in the camps?
Unfortunately I can't offer an opinion on the possibility.
I know nothing of these camps you speak of and also know nothing about bacon.
I'm still trying to learn what exactly constitutes it even being what it's called.
What I do know however, is that when I camp I like eating what I was taught was bacon in a cast iron pan on a fire.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Premium

This is the new America. A more compassionate America. Where gov't gives us everything for free but we are all still angry.

quote-the-way-to-handle-people-is-to-treat-them-like-chickens-take-away-everything-they-have-joseph-stalin-144-69-19.jpg

Like I said, your sole intent here was to be a divisive asshat - you're succeeding! Suggest you go back to your "stoke" thread, only "stoke" you have here is stoking division.

cheers

t_law

Where's Trump, Melania, Ivanka, Jared, Don Jr. and the rest of the confederacy of dunces?

Oh yeah, they were shit-canned by the American public for being less than inept.

Who votes for a reality TV game show host to attempt to run the country (Swimmy put your hand down, it was rhetorical)? What an embarrassment!

Salmo_g

WFF Premium

If you've got a point Swimmy, it's going over my head. Of course the liberal media enables and validates left wingers, just as the conservative media enables and validates the right wing nuts. Divisive, polarizing, agenda-driven media does just that. That's their job in the absence of the fairness doctrine. Do you actually expect something different? Come on, the Lenin quote is just troll baiting. I thought you wanted a serious conversation.

The gov't might be telling us that they're gonna' give us everything for free (this would be news to me, as I try to avoid reading or listening to news with a high BS factor), but every thinking person knows it all gets added on to "our" national account, piling up ever more debt. Life is so good livin' on VISA and Mastercard while just making the minimum monthly payments, ignoring that the balance never decreases.

You're coming across as disingenuous and duplicitous with such abundant criticism of the political left while remaining silent as the criminal right leans toward policy that simply shifts wealth from the middle class to the one percent, as opposed to increasing the size of the pie. By this I'm referring to a time when well-intentioned liberals and conservatives sought to combine the attributes of capital and labor in a synergistic relationship such that the value of the product was greater than the sum of its parts, creating increased wealth for all involved in the relationship.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts