NFR Rattlesnakes under a house

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Gives new meaning to " . . . house includes a den . . . "

A friend who works pest control on the Hanford Site had to remove a den in the wall insulation of an old '40s building that was being removed. You never know where you might find those rascals. Back when they were building the stretch of I-90 near Cardwell, MT, they had a crew that would go out every morning to de-snake around all of the equipment.

Old Man

A very Old Man
There is a feed lot off of Sweetwater road. When it turns cold here in Montana, the snakes in this area seem to all end up there.

I've lived here in Montana almost 15 years now. I have yet to come across any Rattlesnakes alive or dead. I feel like I'm missing out on things.

O' Clarkii Stomias

There is a feed lot off of Sweetwater road. When it turns cold here in Montana, the snakes in this area seem to all end up there.

I've lived here in Montana almost 15 years now. I have yet to come across any Rattlesnakes alive or dead. I feel like I'm missing out on things.
Go fish the bear trap in the late spring, you'll see plenty.

Porter

How many missing kitty posters in the area?

Have a feeling this house must have been isolated some and out of the way otherwise there probably have been several snake encounters with people and pets.

GOTY

9x Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
"More than 90 rattlesnakes were found under a California home, according to a reptile rescue group."

'California' is an interesting way to spell Crab Creek. Is that slang or some cool new Instagram lingo I'm not privy to?

Reactions: jwg

Porter

Large drainpipes have them too….from years ago. Think it was in Texas and city light workers discovered them.

D9054198-EC7C-44AE-B38B-6DC3BC3C600D.jpeg

Yard Sale

Huge Member
When my folks built our house they put all the leftover building supplies under the house. When pops needed something he’d send me in there since it was pretty tight. I hated it because of all the spider webs. It all stopped when I went in there and heard a rattle. It was only about 3’ high but I swear I ran out of there!

O' Clarkii Stomias

Glad you pointed that out.
Yeah, got it.
Increase in rattlesnakes, climate change.
Increase or decrease of polar bears, climate change.
Increase in wolf population, climate change.
Increase or decrease of polar ice, climate change.
Cyclical anadromous fish returns, climate change.
Human population explosion, climate change.
............................, climate change.

girlfisher

Yeah, got it.
Increase in rattlesnakes, climate change.
Increase or decrease of polar bears, climate change.
Increase in wolf population, climate change.
Increase or decrease of polar ice, climate change.
Cyclical anadromous fish returns, climate change.
Human population explosion, climate change.
............................, climate change.
Your catching on, good on ya!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info