US is opening foreign travel to US on Nov. 8th for vaccinated people

Jonnytutu

Although so far not acknowledging mixed vaccination status with AstraZeneca which is pretty frustrating. Was hoping to head down to Cali for some surf and brother time in November, as well have a Hawaii fam trip booked for Christmas. Hoping it changes soon.

Fin

jaredoconnor

WFF Premium

Edit: I'm retracting my post, so as to not open up Pandora's box, but I am leaving the link below.

Last edited:

Buzzy

I hope it helps the Pt. Roberts folks get to the US.

Also hope it also allows many more families to get together especially during the forthcoming holidays...
The economy of many small towns on both sides of the border has been devastated. One of my favorite places to eat in a small BC town was closed, out of business last week when I was there. Let's hope this opening of the border both ways encourages travel. Thanks for posting RCF/Patrick

cdnred

The issue is that once it opens, it allows Canadians to enter the US with proof of 2 vacinations. From my understanding, Canadians returning besides showing vacination proof we must still take a COVID-19 test to be allowed re-entry. Surely proof of 2 vacinations should be sufficient enough. Hopefully by Nov 8th, it will be ruled unnecessary and no longer required. Myself, I don't feel that is fair to Canadians crossing over for only a one day visit. If I was to come across and spend several days or weeks, I can understand it but not merely for one day. Canada needs to do away with the COVID-19 test all together. This merely creates another headache for us traveling that will just create further frustrations..

edit: I mean if a COVID-19 test is not required to enter US, only having to show proof of having both vacinations why should Canadians returning after only be away one day be required to have a COVID-19 test to re-enter Canada..?

Last edited:

Buzzy

The issue is that once it opens, it allows Canadians to enter the US with proof of 2 vacinations. From my understanding, Canadians returning besides showing vacination proof we must still take a COVID-19 test to be allowed re-entry. Surely proof of 2 vacinations should be sufficient enough. Hopefully by Nov 8th, it will be ruled unnecessary and no longer required. Myself, I don't feel that is fair to Canadians crossing over for only a one day visit. If I was to come across and spend several days or weeks, I can understand it but not merely for one day. Canada needs to do away with the COVID-19 test all together. This merely creates another headache for us traveling that will just create further frustrations..

edit: I mean if a COVID-19 test is not required to enter US, only having to show proof of having both vacinations why should Canadians returning after only be away one day be required to have a COVID-19 test to re-enter Canada..?
As of now Canada requires travelers entering Canada (by car - that's all I'm refering to) to be fully vaccinated >14 days before entering and to have a negative results from a PCR Covid test <72 hours before crossing. We must also file a 14-day quarantine plan (with a legitimate address) if we were to be exposed while in Canada. Ah - then there's the random "test kit" when we cross but that's another subject (and I hope it goes away before next spring).

Your scenario does seem to make a shopping trip - day trip - difficult.

I'm thankful that the US is opening its border to our friends from the north.

cdnred

As of now Canada requires travelers entering Canada (by car - that's all I'm refering to) to be fully vaccinated >14 days before entering and to have a negative results from a PCR Covid test <72 hours before crossing. We must also file a 14-day quarantine plan (with a legitimate address) if we were to be exposed while in Canada. Ah - then there's the random "test kit" when we cross but that's another subject (and I hope it goes away before next spring).

Your scenario does seem to make a shopping trip - day trip - difficult.

I'm thankful that the US is opening its border to our friends from the north.
I very much agree with both borders open now to only fully vaccinated non-essential travelers, that's a great step forward. I just hope Canada will drop the COVID-19 test requirement for making it easier for daily crossings and avoid major tie-ups at border points. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that this will change in the days leading up to Nov 8th. I'm emailing my government representative to vent my displeasure with how things are being done..

There are a number of essential workers crossing the border everyday (from what I've been told) that aren't fully vaccinated (how they're allowed entry is beyond me). Essential workers crossing the border everyday whether fully vaccinated or not aren't required to provide a COVID-19 test or 14 day quarantine plan and that's my major complaint. If they insist on this procedure for non-essential travelers, then it should be fair/equal treatment across the board for everyone..

Mr.Trout

Why should I have to pay Canada to enter over a dwi 50 years ago ?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info