US is opening foreign travel to US on Nov. 8th for vaccinated people

speedbird49

Can we agree that it is ridiculous that vaccinated Americans are allowed in Canada but vaccinated Canadians were not allowed in the US?

Buzzy

If your profile reads right that you're 32 years old then how could you have had a DWI 50 years ago..? ;)
I looked at this gentleman's profile and wondered how a 32 year old could be barred from entering Canada for a DWI that occured before he was born. @cabezon explained it perfectly.

Like you, I'm hoping Canada will reconsider their current requirements and do away with the PCR test prior to entry.

Chris Bellows

Your Preferred WFF Poster
I very much agree with both borders open now to only fully vaccinated non-essential travelers, that's a great step forward. I just hope Canada will drop the COVID-19 test requirement for making it easier for daily crossings and avoid major tie-ups at border points. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that this will change in the days leading up to Nov 8th. I'm emailing my government representative to vent my displeasure with how things are being done..

There are a number of essential workers crossing the border everyday (from what I've been told) that aren't fully vaccinated (how they're allowed entry is beyond me). Essential workers crossing the border everyday whether fully vaccinated or not aren't required to provide a COVID-19 test or 14 day quarantine plan and that's my major complaint. If they insist on this procedure for non-essential travelers, then it should be fair/equal treatment across the board for everyone..
The USA requires a negative Covid test to enter the States regardless of citizenship status.

Chris Bellows

Your Preferred WFF Poster
News to me. I crossed back into America October 11th after spending four nights in Britisch Columbia. I submitted my passport and had my vaccination record available. I did not have to show proof of a negative PCR test. (I'm a US citizen.)
My bad, I thought crossing by land was the same as by air, which still stupidly requires a test.

Mr.Trout

If your profile reads right that you're 32 years old then how could you have had a DWI 50 years ago..? ;)
You caught me . I was asking for my G Pa but the question is still the same . That man has never had a problem other than that straight back from Vietnam and they want him to pay to get rehabilitated , thats bullchit . How many Canadian criminals come into the US a year , w/o a problem , this past year excepted ?

cdnred

You caught me . I was asking for my G Pa but the question is still the same . That man has never had a problem other than that straight back from Vietnam and they want him to pay to get rehabilitated , thats bullchit . How many Canadian criminals come into the US a year , w/o a problem , this past year excepted ?
I've got a buddy living in Washington state and he's got the same issue with being barred from entering Canada. Another buddy of mine in Canada (he passed on now) had the same issue and was barred from entering the US so it works both ways. Only way around it is to get a lawyer to file the paperwork to get it cleared..

Roper

Idiot Savant
WFF Premium
You're right, but I think it should be up to the NM, OK, AR & LA folks more than the TX folks. But I agree, keep those fucking Texans out! :rolleyes:
I don’t follow your “humor”. I’m talking about the thousands of unvaccinated Haitians…

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Premium
Well, since there are enough people in TX that refuse to get vaccinated, perhaps they could pass all of those extra shots out to that group of immigrants who happen to be attempting to escape extreme violence in their country of birth. From the sounds of things, that alone should resonate with some folks on here.

Well, jokes don't always land with everyone....but to me, who grew up in TX, I laughed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Jack MeHoff

I looked at this gentleman's profile and wondered how a 32 year old could be barred from entering Canada for a DWI that occured before he was born. @cabezon explained it perfectly.

Like you, I'm hoping Canada will reconsider their current requirements and do away with the PCR test prior to entry.
I guess Canada holds a son accountable for his fathers sins

moon1284

As for DWIs. If you get one and are an American it's usually a 10 year ban from going to Canada. But they don't catch you everytime you cross, and if you try to cross they just refuse your entry. And it's not illegal to attempt to cross After 10 years you're fine. No lawyer needed. Theres the actual rule but 99.9% of the time if the charge is 10 years old and you have no charges since you're fine. You can even apply for and get a nexus after 10 years (if that is the only blemish on your record).

If you're Canadian and you get one you're not banned from coming into the states.

You can get a lawyer and pay to be deemed rehabilitated after 5 years. All of the articles and stories online about permanent bans are basically ads trying to scare you into paying someone to deem you rehabilitated.

There is no way they are pulling up a 50 year old dwi charge when you try to cross the border. Not happening. If that is the only conviction your grandpa has he'd get approved for a nexus - guaranteed.

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts