Simms Video

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
For all I know it was a fair hooked fish, I was not there.

My tinfoil hat is transmitting to me that the edit conveniently never shows the fly.

Copy Pasted for you viewing platform of choice

Not the first time ive heard someone say "swinging" is just flossing while wearing fancy gortex pants.

1634356558485.png

Attachments

• 1634356665464.png
    1634356665464.png
    253.2 KB · Views: 20

Matt B

WFF Premium
It’s a little weird. The splash is on the other side of and downstream of the fish. But then the fish jerks almost right away like it is taking or maybe feeling the fly. Was there a second fly further up the cast from the fly that made the visible splash, and the fish took (or was flossed by) that fly?

The hump—it just felt right to him. In fact it felt so good he tried it twice.

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
It’s a little weird. The splash is on the other side of and downstream of the fish. But then the fish jerks almost right away like it is taking or maybe feeling the fly. Was there a second fly further up the cast from the fly that made the visible splash, and the fish took (or was flossed by) that fly?

The hump—it just felt right to him. In fact it felt so good he tried it twice.
just one streamer it would seem. it lands downstream of the mouth, he kinda jerks the rod across and upstream. even if its a fair hook, im not convinced this is chill.

Matt B

WFF Premium
just one streamer it would seem. it lands downstream of the mouth, he kinda jerks the rod across and upstream. even if its a fair hook, im not convinced this is chill.
If there was just one small weighted streamer it seems like the splash being downstream of the fish’s head indicates it landed in the wrong place to get a fair grab, but hard to say for sure.
Also, the way the fish reacts…I see what you’re saying but can’t say for sure.
Big fish though, obvs.

long_rod_silvers

WFF Premium
#1 rule of flossing is to do the "floss" dance afterwards. I saw a double pump hump celly - clearly not flossed based on the celebration dance (AKA celly)
backpack-kid-backpack-kid-dance.gif

Mark Kadoshima

I normally wouldn't comment...
but it's just hard for me to not dislike any guy that acts like that....way too much self satisfaction knowing he's being videoed. I automatically want it to be a foul hook. I'm going to have to rethink Simms gear even though I really like the stuff.

Griswald

a.k.a. Griswald
The estrogen levels are high on this thread.
No, it is all bullshit...

Call me cranky, boomer, or whatever you want...I am SO over brands and people who have this need to show the world their "Awesomeness" It is tiresome, and it is overcooked.

Where is the quiet, humble reverence? I don't give a hoot how it was caught, or where-why the need to show it all to the world?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts